Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

how do koni yellows ride?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
specks is an unknown quantity at this point
how do koni yellows ride?

how do koni yellows ride with ground control, neuspeed sports, stock springs, tein lowering springs, eibachs, etc... Are the koni's stiffness that much better than stock and if so on a level of 1-10 (1=super soft, 10=rock hard stiff) what is it? i know that koni's have adjustable settings, but is the lowest setting softer or stiffer than stock shocks?
Old 04-08-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Full soft Konis are stiffer than stock shocks. But then again, stock is underdamped, so that makes sense. They're also intended to work with stiffer than stock sport springs.
Old 04-08-2005
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Koni's on full soft are just a tiny bit firmer then stock. If I had to put a percentage on it, I'd say 5 to 10. Again this is at the full soft position.
Old 04-08-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Its important to note that the adjstment on Koni Yellows (Sport) have a lot more to do with adjusting handling then it does with adjusting ride quality.. You are adjusting just Low speed Rebound afterall.

Personaly I havent felt a whole lot of difference between Full soft and full stiff... There is a difference, its just not as dramatic as one would expect. Handling wise however... almost Night and day. (But you do have to know how to tune with them)
Old 04-11-2005
Registered!!

ren808 is on a distinguished road
go with tein.....koni's suck @ss.......
Old 04-11-2005
Registered!!

ojay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ren808
go with tein.....koni's suck @ss.......
say that at an auto-x
Old 04-11-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ojay
say that at an auto-x

Or any Club or pro racing event....

Its supprising to find that most "Coilover" MFG's Such as Tein, Jic ect.. are actually a rareity when it comes to acutal racing....
Old 04-11-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I took a set of Konis down a track this weekend like a sunday drive in the park. Sooooo smooth.
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

say that at an auto-x

ill say that anywhere and to anyone...if you live in the northern states where POTholes are a thing of life; konis are not the way to go either way TEIN is way better.....

choo choo................
Old 04-12-2005
GODLIKE

ASIANPRIDE is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't mind them except they tend to bottom out and the ride can get very harsh if you have them Super Firm....Other than that I have them sitting on Ground Control Coilovers....Overall I'm not very happy with the quality of the hardware...I am stuck with them because that's all there was for my car back then....
Old 04-12-2005
Autocross Junky

^^If you dont like them, I'll take the ground controls off your hands. (They are the ones designed to fit the Konis Directly right)?
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

ojay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ren808
ill say that anywhere and to anyone...if you live in the northern states where POTholes are a thing of life; konis are not the way to go either way TEIN is way better.....

choo choo................
i know what you mean by potholes...

maybe that's the difference between a race setup that includes konis and a typical street setup like tein, it's all about your application in what you're aiming for (dampning and rebound vs ease of use/comfort)...

but please don't bring your personal disfunction with konis because there's many people who use them for what they're intended for and are plenty satisified.

thanks, now get off this thread.
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

TSSCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in NYC where potholes are everywhere. Yes, that is true that the Koni could be really horrible to use if you set the shocks too firm but if you have a sports springs on, my personal opinion, the Koni yellows are fine even with bad condition roads. I personally love the Koni yellows. In my opinion, they're the best aftermarket shocks out there.
Old 04-12-2005
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
Well I'm from Montreal and the only shock any of the tunning shops here reccomend are Konis. We are the capital of potholes.
Old 04-13-2005
Registered!!

but please don't bring your personal disfunction with konis because there's many people who use them for what they're intended for and are plenty satisified.

thanks, now get off this thread.

dont be hating because i speak my mind on a product i feel is not worth a peso.....you mindless fool.....can you DIGGGGGG ITTTTTT SUCKAAAAAA
Old 04-13-2005
Autocross Junky

Well I can say I love My Konis...
Old 04-13-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
^^^^ haha thats funny
Old 04-13-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
zzyzx always love showing off his 3-wheel stunt.
Old 04-13-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
haha, yeah, I seem to come across that pic on a lot of threads, haha....

I say get tokico HPs for that much of a drop. They are like a 6 or 7 on the stiff side. On really bad roads, they can get stiff feeling, but nice roads are sooooo smooth. They are cheaper, and you arent auto-x'ing so, I would say tokicos, but thats just me. They are a direct replacement as well.