Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Mugen Suspension Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
built2shred is an unknown quantity at this point
Mugen Suspension Kit

Hey whats up guys...

I don't have a civic but I enjoy modifying cars... Just finished up with my 350z Roadster... Anyways my nephew just bought a new 2005 Civic Coupe LX and would like to surprise him with a new suspension kit. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Mugen Suspension kit? Was hoping to get some feedback on it before I purchase it... Also are there any other full kits that you guys would recommend?

For those of you that might be interested, here's a few pics my ride...

Last edited by built2shred; 02-21-2005 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-21-2005
I survived that B*tch Katrina !!!

boombazokajoe91 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice ride man .. sorry i dont know much about that kit...
Old 02-21-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
i wish my uncle would buy me something for the car
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
i don't think they have a mugen suspension kit for your newphew's car... they probably have one for a Si or RSX, but not the "regular" civics.
Old 02-21-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
You can't use the Mugen kit on the 2door or 4 door. the springs aren't the right length.
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Yup, there's no Mugens for our cars.. the most popular full coilovers seem to be Tein Basics, Tein SS, and B&G.
Old 02-21-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
What kind of kit do you think your nephew would like? Racing, looks, autox??

Also, need a greddy TT for that bad boy! My friend just installed his with a new fuel ssytem and putting 380 to the ground. 350's are nice and good choice in rims. Not too flashy.
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by robbclark1
What kind of kit do you think your nephew would like? Racing, looks, autox??
Something that drops the car around 1.4" and will let him tear it up a mountain road.. One reason I was thinking of going Mugen was because I went Mugen on my 2000 prelude and loved the performance on it but it also kept the ride real nice, not to hard, not to soft. Was looking for something similar for my nephew. Not sure I want to go with coilovers for him, because knowing him he would have all the corners of the car set to different settings, then complain about how it handles

Not to put my nephew down, because the kid is really smart when it comes to book smarts (straight A student), but when it comes to cars he has a tendency to make bad decisions. For example last year he bought a new Mazda6 and wanted to get a louder exhaust sound from it. So instead of buying a new exhaust system he drilled holes in the pipe to make it sound louder .. The freakin car sounded like it was farting when he stepped on it (he got this suggestion off a Mazda forum, which makes me wonder about Mazda owners)... thats just one of the things he did to his Mazda, so this time around Im making sure everything gets done right.

Sounds like my only choices then would be just lowring springs with the stock shocks or coilovers... hmmm I might just go with lowering springs and maybe a new exhaust system...
Old 02-21-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by built2shred
So instead of buying a new exhaust system he drilled holes in the pipe to make it sound louder .. The freakin car sounded like it was farting when he stepped on it (he got this suggestion off a Mazda forum, which makes me wonder about Mazda owners)... thats just one of the things he did to his Mazda, so this time around Im making sure everything gets done right.

probaby messing with the kid. I would go for neuspeed sports
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

low04 is an unknown quantity at this point
or use eibach's they ride pretty decent on stock sturts
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
get him some TeinSS coilovers..... best mod i ever spent my $ on. they ride great and handle awesome plus you can control the damper on them so you cant really go wrong.
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

ojay is on a distinguished road
s.tech's *points at sig*

Old 02-21-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like my only choices then would be just lowring springs with the stock shocks or coilovers... hmmm I might just go with lowering springs and maybe a new exhaust system...
Stock shocks and lowering springs is a mess waiting to happen. Lowering springs and upgraded shocks is a better solution.
Old 02-21-2005

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I would also suggest the Tein SS. Adjustable damper and smooth ride. Tein basics are cheaper but no adjustable damper. B&G is self adjusting damper.
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

Bmkarr is an unknown quantity at this point
can you put the EDFC on the tein SS? if so get that set up then he can adjust it from inside the car

Go with anything from Tein they're the best imo
Old 02-22-2005

Originally Posted by Bmkarr
can you put the EDFC on the tein SS? if so get that set up then he can adjust it from inside the car

Go with anything from Tein they're the best imo
No, edfc does not fit on the SS and it is a gimmick anyway. It isn't that hard to get your *** out of the car to adjust the *****.
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by robbclark1
No, edfc does not fit on the SS and it is a gimmick anyway. It isn't that hard to get your *** out of the car to adjust the *****.

some cars dont have access to the rear dampers, you must take out the backseat to adjust it so EDFC could be sort of useful for cars such as those. Acura TL is one of those cars.... you need to take out th eback seat to access the rear shock assembly.

however its not needed on the civic because you can just reach into the turnk and adjust them from there.
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

Thanks for you help everyone..

I ended up ordering Tein Basics and some 18x7 OZ Crono's Rims... I think he will be happy with these... I'll tell him to get an account on this forum and post his pics when we get the stuff on...
Old 02-22-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
damn lucky kid.
Old 02-22-2005

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
no kidding, lucky sob