Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

[HELP ME] After putting RSX-s rear Sway bar.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ohl85 is an unknown quantity at this point
[HELP ME] After putting RSX-s rear Sway bar.....

Hi.
I own 03 Civic EX
Today, I changed my OEM rear sway bar(12mm) to RSX-S sway bar(19mm).
After I change the sway bar, I hear metal hitting sound from the rear suspension area when I turn hard..
My suspension is all stock expect the 19mm rsx-s sway bar.

What do I have to do?
Old 02-09-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Two things... its either insalled backwards... or its just hitting your exaust pipe.
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

ojay is on a distinguished road
check if everything's tightened
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Two things... its either insalled backwards... or its just hitting your exaust pipe.
it will be one of these 2.
Old 02-09-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
On a stock suspension I don't see how even a wider-diameter exhaust pipe using stock hangers will hit the 19mm bar. I'd say it's installed upside down.
Old 02-09-2005

edicivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TeLLy
On a stock suspension I don't see how even a wider-diameter exhaust pipe using stock hangers will hit the 19mm bar. I'd say it's installed upside down.
My progress rear sway bar banged my exhaust like yours is. it was bad on take off and during acceleration. i took my car to muffler shop and they extended my muffer pipe so it wont hit any more. cost me about $50.00. well worth it in my opinion. i did the same thing by the way, sedan, EX, just replace the rear sway bar.

to verify that its your muffler, just get under your car and look at the muffler and the bar, you will see them come together, or they will be about 1/4" apart, thats the problem.

Old 02-10-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeLLy

it depends on how stiff his springs are... as I was able to get my 19mm bar to press against the exaust both on and off track. the 25.4mm one I have now, doesnt...
Old 02-10-2005
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
if you have stock exhaust then its installed upside down. If not then its rattling against your exhaust.
Old 02-11-2005
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
i concur. a lot of people accidentally install them upside down