Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

SHOCK/DAMPER INFORMATION....Stop posting the same fricking questions!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jr6784 is a jewel in the roughjr6784 is a jewel in the roughjr6784 is a jewel in the rough
thanks good times
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

Gabe Niemeyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Just an FYI, Ground Control Coilovers wond fit on Tokiko Blue HP struts.
I learned this the hard way.
Old 03-16-2006
Registered!!

JetRudie is an unknown quantity at this point
All right yo check this out.

I figured I could save a lot of time and skip looking over the internet for hours and hours and just ask all of you guys here with vast knowledge of the 7th Gen to please set aside some time and help out a noob...

The other day I was making my drive to school and I ended up racing a bmw coupe. Stupid I know because it would smoke my '04 Civic VP but I didnt care I just do it for the rush or whatever you want to call it (perhaps making the drive more enjoyable). I have to drive on the interstate to go to school so whenever I race I weave in and out of traffic (as you do) and I got a lead on the bmw because he was a ***** and wouldnt cut through the lanes if the cars were too close together. So my dumb *** sees a huge opening and I went for it. I'm in the far left lane doing arond 110 and I cut across the middle and go all the way into the granny lane. Well, right when I got in the granny lane the road turns to the left at about 100 degrees no lie. So you can imagine what happened, doing 110 throwing all of my momentum and speed into the edge of the curve while cutting the wheel sharply to stay on the road. DRIFTIN LIKE A ****! At 110...I went sideways and countersteered then went the other sideways and countersteered that, luckily I got the car under control and didnt hit anyone... It scared the hell out of me...I drove 65 the rest of the way...

My car has Tien S Flex (or whatever they're called) springs on it but I want to expand to the very fullest on every suspension mod I can. Struts, dampers, shocks, coilovers, whatever. I want the very best suspension set up money can buy. The price is no object. So I'm asking you guys. I want everything I can get to make that car stay on the road. Help me out, please. The car is a 2004 Civic Vp Coupe. Thanks a lot. Peace
Old 03-17-2006
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Gabe Niemeyer
Just an FYI, Ground Control Coilovers wond fit on Tokiko Blue HP struts.
I learned this the hard way.

they won't fit???...ummmm WRONG!....Ground control Coilovers do fit on tokico blue shocks. How do i know? Because i have been driving on them for the last 10,000 miles.
Old 03-22-2006
Registered!!

JetRudie is an unknown quantity at this point
For real, can anyone answer my question two posts up? Please, Im desperate... haha.
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

thecheat is an unknown quantity at this point
springs are nice but you need to address the damping. any good strut/shock combo will be a huge improvment over stock. now you get to do some research and find out which ones suit you best. I have tokico D-specs and I love them but they arent the only option. If money is no object then you might consider some of teins complete coil over systems or you might be more interested in using the springs you have with new struts and shocks. There is an unending supply of information on this site and others like it but none of us can give you a gospel answer. its your money you should do the research.
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

wako182774 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anybody tell me which set of shocks would get me best ride quality on a 2004 civic ex coupe? I have a 2" front and rear drop using Sprint Performance Suspension springs. I have been going back and forth between Tokico HP blues and the KYB Gr-2's. No racing, just street driveablity. I need to buy a set within the next 2 weeks. any ideas? you can check my car at cardomain, search member id: wako182774
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

Profoxcg is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by wako182774
Can anybody tell me which set of shocks would get me best ride quality on a 2004 civic ex coupe? I have a 2" front and rear drop using Sprint Performance Suspension springs. I have been going back and forth between Tokico HP blues and the KYB Gr-2's. No racing, just street driveablity. I need to buy a set within the next 2 weeks. any ideas? you can check my car at cardomain, search member id: wako182774

go with the tokicos they are stiffer than the KYB from what I was told/read.
and on ephatch.com from the reviews I read they are great. I agree shocks make a HUGe difference. I just upgraded from H&R's and stock shocks to Megan racing coilovers. and its night and day..!
Old 04-06-2006
Registered!!

j.lu is an unknown quantity at this point
Who has more info about this dampers?

Eibach Pro-Damper Set 2001-2005 HONDA, Civic, 2 & 4-door, Incl. EX, DX, HX, & LX Models Chassis

TIA

Last edited by j.lu; 04-06-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light
so for 03+ you have to drill the knuckle bolts from 14mm to 16mm... where can you buy the 16mm knuckle bolts
Old 05-19-2006
Registered!!

DanWestness is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

Originally Posted by JesterMasque
I know someone posted earlier with the same case as mine but...

I got an 02 EX dropped with Eibach Sportlines just about 2"+. Someone rec. Tokiko's to the guy but didn't specify which ones (the Blue's or the D-Spec's). I don't plan on SERIOUSLY dragging this car out, but I want a nicer ride but also performance for if I ever do need it. I mean, the Sportlines already do a hell of alot compared to stock, but I know that it could be alot better with the aftermarket shocks. Also, how much should I pay for either the Blue's or the D-Spec's? I don't want to get ripped off... Thanks!
i have the exact same questions... can somebody answer this please??
Old 05-19-2006
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JetRudie
For real, can anyone answer my question two posts up? Please, Im desperate... haha.

Best suspension money can buy? I can name a few things, but really it would depend on what the cars going to be used for, I mean $800 per corner Triple adjustible Moton dampers wouldnt really be all that usefull on the street, especially if improperly tuned. then theres the whole tuning things... un like engine tuning, you cant just put parts on the car and expect it to perform well, you have to spend time tuning. not to mention that in the end the driver is the biggest variable when it comes to handling.... I.e. How I have my car tuned may not be the way you'd like yours tuned. infact it may actually be considered "handling worse" by others.

So, It really would be better to simply analize what the car is doing now, diesect it in to whats causing what for parts AND driver. then start to tune around that.

Simply throwing parts at the car in an attempt to make it handle better ushually just makes you end up with a car with a bunch of $$ dumped in to it with no Gaurentee that it performs any better. Though it may "feel" different.

Last edited by Zzyzx; 05-19-2006 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-14-2006
naz
Registered!!

naz is an unknown quantity at this point
hey, i have an 04 civic and just bought neuspeed race springs for it, so thats a 2.25 inch drop in the front and a 2 inch drop in the back. How necessary is it for me to buy new shocks? im kind of tight on the wallet now and dont want to splurge for new shocks as well and am wondering how much of a difference it will make. Honda just replaced my shocks about 4 months ago because they were leaking...

Also, does anyone know where i can get a good value camber kit from??
Old 06-14-2006
Registered!!

Profoxcg is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by naz
hey, i have an 04 civic and just bought neuspeed race springs for it, so thats a 2.25 inch drop in the front and a 2 inch drop in the back. How necessary is it for me to buy new shocks? im kind of tight on the wallet now and dont want to splurge for new shocks as well and am wondering how much of a difference it will make. Honda just replaced my shocks about 4 months ago because they were leaking...

Also, does anyone know where i can get a good value camber kit from??

Is it REALLY necessary? no, but honeslty it makes a whole world of differece in the way the car handles. especially if you were to get some konis or something that is adjustable. Over time your stock shock could become damaged but it depends on many things. for now do not get shock if you dont want to. if I were you I would =) - I have my ep3 riding on megans. my previous set up was H&R springs and stock shocks. Sometimes I wonder why Ididnt upgrade the shocks sooner !! - good luck
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

Ti71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone confirm yet if Tokico has made shocks for the 04-05 civics?
Old 06-29-2006
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ti71
Tokico (USA) Inc

301 Mayde Rd.

Berea, KY 40403

(859) 986-2359
Old 07-17-2006
Registered!!

grifter1818 is an unknown quantity at this point
Koni finally makes shocks for 04's, I hear they are pretty good
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

marcuse will become famous soon enough
how do you know when you have blown your shocks?
Old 08-11-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
^When you notice an irregular amount of bounciness w/ ur passenger girlfriend's breasts
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

fakitzjason is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys. i have a set of tein s-techs on my car and my shocks are blown. they actually have been for quite some time now. lol. but ya, i need some new ones obviously, what kind of shocks should be suitable for my 2004 civic lx sedan, with the teins on? plz help me out. thanks.

jason.
Old 12-04-2006
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Tokico Blues.
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

fakitzjason is an unknown quantity at this point
heyy guys will stock 01 coupe shocks fit the 04 sedans?
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Only the rears will fit the front have different knuckle bolts I think they're called.
Old 01-07-2007
Registered!!

TheCapone is an unknown quantity at this point
KYB GR2 finaly avalable!!!

Hi, just to give a head's up on the struts avalable for civic 2003-05

You can finaly buy KYB GR2

http://www.kyb.com/catalog/2006_passenger_car.pdf
Old 01-07-2007
Registered!!

TheCapone is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ti71
It's in development...

Tokico Gas Shocks
Old 01-07-2007
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough
i called tokico and they said they already have d-spec for 03-05 civics! yey can't wait ti'll summer
Old 01-07-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
you guys I'm trying to see if someone could hook us up for a group buy for tokico HP's, subscribe to the thread to help get this going!

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/8...-blues-gb.html

Last edited by Kevbotron; 01-08-2007 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-23-2007
Runumhard Or Go Home

bigainabuilt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: SHOCK/DAMPER INFORMATION....Stop posting the same fricking questions!

Bump for Mani!!
Old 03-26-2007
Registered!!

kLouD is an unknown quantity at this point

how low do tein s.techs lower the car? 1.3F/1.4R? i read that somewhere but not quite sure. also they would be compatible with the blues right ? AND ON A 03 EX SEDAN?

Last edited by kLouD; 03-26-2007 at 03:05 AM.
Old 03-26-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

search > ask