Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

My suspension set-up, need help...Suspension gods where art thou?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hwoody77 can only hope to improve
My suspension set-up, need help...Suspension gods where art thou?

Hey guys, just wondering what you guys think about my set-up, I've searched and didn't really find some of these products so here we go...

Currently I have a Spoon Sports Lower Tie Bar, and I just ordered a Spoon Sports Front Strut bar...
I also have a DC5 Magic FLT-A2 coilover set-up waiting to go in my car...

So I have those three suspension parts so far...

I plan on getting a front and rear sway bar set and then a rear upper strut bar...and maybe the Tanabe cross brace...

So I plan on getting the following...For the rear I want to get this.

It's the new Comptech non-adjustable rear sway bar, and it's silver...does anyone know of any fitment problems with this? I have an EX if that matters...

Ok, now for the rear I want a 25-27mm Rear sway bar...any sway bars that will fit nicely? I have an EX if that matters...

And for the rear strut bar I'm probaly going to go with either a Spoon Sports bar or Cusco...

Anyone?

Or maybe the Suspension techniques front and rear set-up or maybe Hotchkis...anyone know about fitments on these two set-ups?

Also, on the Dezod website the ST setup is listed as 1 inch front and 15/16 inch rear..what does that translate to in MM?
Old 01-13-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
um ok....slow down brotha! What do you want to do with your car?

No one knows if that comptech bar will fit, but it should. The only issue you will have is that it will most likely hit your exhaust.

Second, the rear strut cusco bar should do just fine. That is the best bar out there in my mind.

And I think you mean for the front you want a 25-27mm bar. Well if you have a 2002, you should have a 25.4mm front sway bar anyway, so why bother changing it? If you want a larger front bar, get the Progress 27mm bar. However, if you change the front sway bar, you will be decreasing the power of the rear sway bar and balancing out the car. Not sure what you want to do with the car though.

You also have to take into account that you can dial in dampening changes with your JICs and you might not need such large sway bars. I have the 19mm RSX bar but I have yet to slap on my JICs to find out how it responds.
Old 01-13-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My suspension set-up, need help...Suspension gods where art thou?

Originally posted by Hwoody77
Hey guys, just wondering what you guys think about my set-up, I've searched and didn't really find some of these products so here we go...

Currently I have a Spoon Sports Lower Tie Bar, and I just ordered a Spoon Sports Front Strut bar...
I also have a DC5 Magic FLT-A2 coilover set-up waiting to go in my car...

So I have those three suspension parts so far...

I plan on getting a front and rear sway bar set and then a rear upper strut bar...and maybe the Tanabe cross brace...

So I plan on getting the following...For the rear I want to get this.

It's the new Comptech non-adjustable rear sway bar, and it's silver...does anyone know of any fitment problems with this? I have an EX if that matters...

Ok, now for the rear I want a 25-27mm Rear sway bar...any sway bars that will fit nicely? I have an EX if that matters...

And for the rear strut bar I'm probaly going to go with either a Spoon Sports bar or Cusco...

Anyone?

Or maybe the Suspension techniques front and rear set-up or maybe Hotchkis...anyone know about fitments on these two set-ups?

Also, on the Dezod website the ST setup is listed as 1 inch front and 15/16 inch rear..what does that translate to in MM?

Im with RobbClark here, Slow down.... Do you have any Idea what any of these parts are going to do to your handling????

what are you trying to set this car up to do? a 25-27mm rear anti-roll bar may be a bit overkill for the street, or atleast make the car so *** happy that it scares the Krap out of you.

My advice is to put the Jics on and try the car out for a while, find out where it understeers and where it oversteers and then Use different anti-roll bars to adjust those tendencys to meet your needs. Because if you just slap on parts with out testing and adjusting, you may end up with a car you can't control. also, what tires are you running?
Old 01-13-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
The 3rd Guru agrees with the first 2.
1 at a time.
And just an FYI, for sway bars that thick, get new endlinks... you'll snap the stock ones in no time.
Do the Shocks and Springs, see how stiff it gets, I think it'll surprise you. It doesn't do the car too much good to be rigid-stiff in all directions. It needs some direction to flex a little. Usually if you go stiff springs, you don't need super stiff sway bars. Just medium thick ones will work just fine. Going with weaker springs would lend to larger sway bars, but I wouldn't do stiff both.
Old 01-13-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
the 4th Semi-Guru agrees with both above, try 1 at a time and test what each one does and how you can control ur car each time, if you get all those things at once and you start to test them out, you will not know anything about what the car will handel like. you might even lose control because you don't know how you car handels. such as taking a corner at high speeds, you might usually turn ur wheel alot to correct the understeer but you wouldn't know that the bar correct it so you might lose control and spin out... be careful wheny ou test ur car because it will be totally difffrent...