Air Conditioning Post issues about air conditioning here

AC Stopped Blowing Cold Air

Old 06-28-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thebluecoat is an unknown quantity at this point
AC Stopped Blowing Cold Air

2007 Honda Civic EX 4 Door,

Today (hottest day thus far over 90F) my AC stopped blowing cold air. Inspecting under the hood I noticed the AC compressor clutch is not engaging/spinning.

This happened to me last year and I took it in for service. I was told it “needed an evac and recharge” after getting the service done I was handed a relay and was told “this was your problem” (a bad AC Compressor Clutch Relay). I felt at the time that I might not have needed service beyond the relay and felt like I got took.

So the first thing I did was go to my local Honda dealer, picked up a Honda genuine AC compressor clutch relay and replaced my old one. After doing so AC compressor clutch still not engaging.

I left my car sitting while I went to a local autoparts store and bought a AC recharge kit with included gauge. I followed the directions connecting to low pressure while the car was on, AC on, Fan on Max. Had some difficulty getting connected and had a few half second air noises. I went to check my air , it was working.

I drive the car again for about 3 minutes and the AC stopped working again. So I repeat the recharge kit as I feel I mistook the product working but air was just escaping the system maybe.

having the recharge gauge connected -its pressure gauge maxes out at 100PSI , when I was connected properly the needle went beyond 100PSI.

Any idea what it could be? Or ideas for next steps
Old 06-28-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: AC Stopped Blowing Cold Air

2007 is a 8th gen car, moved to correct section
Old 06-28-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

You overfilled it, this is why I hate those cheapo kits. You need a proper manifold gauge set to fill the system properly
Old 06-28-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
You overfilled it, this is why I hate those cheapo kits. You need a proper manifold gauge set to fill the system properly
Sorry if I was being confusing , when I had attempted to use the kit , it was not making a proper connection to the low pressure port, so air momentarily hissed from the low pressure port due to poor connection.

At the time I was doing it, I thought that was the product coming out of the can, but it was just air escaping.

I am 100% sure I didn’t add anything to the system the can is quite heavy.
Old 07-03-2019
Registered!!

Problem solved !

Let my car sit for awhile , luckily the AC clutch compressor engaged , as I needed it to in order for the system to accept coolant. I had to press down hard on the can and I could hear stuff coming out.

Air immediately got cold , added a little more and had to stop as the can suggested my vehicle has a valve that makes the pressure reading inaccurate.

Just needed coolant !
Old 05-10-2020
Registered!!

mustfirst is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone knows how to fix this? or should i take it to the mechanic? But here it is very expensive. Its like 500 or more.
Old 05-11-2020
Super Moderator

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,294 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

You have your own thread with plenty of replies. Don't hijack another.
The following users liked this post:
Colin42 (05-11-2020)