General Post General Issues questions here that does not fit other sections

Fuel gauge issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roddy De Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel gauge issues

Hi guys, i hope anyone can help me. Just put about 11.5 lts of fuel on my Honda civic FD hybrid 2008. Indicator goes up to 5 bars (i was on fuel reserve). I drove about 1.5 km then my fuel indicator goes all way down to 2 bars and even the warning light is on.
Is it some fuel sensor?
Please help,quite frustrating issue....
Old 06-12-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fuel gauge issues

Got fault codes?
Does it act up if you fill the tank full?
Have you driven it through several tanks of fuel and notice the same problem repeat?
Does it act up consistently at the same area of the gauge (or actual fuel level) ?

(EDIT: verify you're actually looking at the fuel gauge, not the IMA battery charge meter)
Old 06-12-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Got fault codes?
Does it act up if you fill the tank full?
Have you driven it through several tanks of fuel and notice the same problem repeat?
Does it act up consistently at the same area of the gauge (or actual fuel level) ?

(EDIT: verify you're actually looking at the fuel gauge, not the IMA battery charge meter)
Nope don't have the fault code thats i am looking for some help.
Just happen and even changes the Gas station brand. Same issue.
I will say yes almost same area of the gauge. So on thr next gas station i put fuel it has not drop that drastically. Its stop at 3 bars then rise up after like 10mins and stay there for a while after what drops to 3 bars again. Here road are flat.
And dude i think i know the difference between a fuel gauge and the IMA battery charge level...
Old 06-15-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Nope don't have the fault code thats i am looking for some help.
Ok ........I'd have my scanner connected and reading live data to 'see' what the PCM is reading from the fuel level sender, see if that data agrees with what you see on the gauge when it drops.....and that would help determine (with more accuracy than a guess) if the sending unit is the likely problem or if the root cause lies somewhere else.

Or
Wildass guess based on what you've written here: fuel level sending unit may be failing (consistent false readings around the same real fuel level usually indicates a bad sender)

How many miles are on the car?
Old 06-16-2019
Registered!!

Turns out to be the fuel gauge sending unit that was faulty. I got 71k km on the car. Thank you for your support.