Air Conditioning Post issues with air conditioning here

AC questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2023
ImJustYourMomsBoyfriend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
tteejjjj is an unknown quantity at this point
AC questions

So I have a 05 VP Coupe, it was a one owner car and when I first got it the AC worked periodically, I've honestly never owned a vehicle with air conditioning that worked so I never paid attention to it. Well here I am on the surface of the Sun and I need AC. I went ahead and bought the gauges as well as a vacuum pump I vacuumed the system down after changing both Schrader valves and it held negative 30 for well over an hour. Then I proceeded to recharge the system I got roughly what I think was around 19 Oz of refrigerant in the car and still it blew warm. Oh my apologies yes the clutch works and yes both cooling fans work yes the temperature blender is set to cold and all of my relays and fuses are good. That left me with changing the expansion valve which I went ahead and did during the process I found material from the dryer had made its way through the system and the expansion valve had a little pieces of it inside of it. I went ahead and stuck shop back hose on the end of the piping that goes to the expansion valve completely obliterous to the fact that it's not going to be able to suck anything out if it's not disconnected from the dryer. Long story short I put the new expansion valve in put the dash back together replaced the dryer and still no AC after pulling a vacuum and recharging again... Although when I am at 75% throttle or more I do have ice cold AC but sitting still there's nothing and under regular acceleration there is no cold AC. Now after I put all this back together and recharged it again I got thinking I wonder if I should have "flushed" the system ? So I've already decided I'm going to open the system up again and what's the best way to quote unquote flush a system out you obviously don't want to use water right so I guess the best thing to do is use air? Is there a guide to flushing the system on our cars? Is there a step by step I mean my evaporator core in my condenser or both in good shape and evaporator core I actually rinsed off with a hose and everything while it was out of the dash. So yeah any pointers are much welcome I was hoping to find a YouTube video or a step-by-step on how to do maintenance on the AC system but so far I haven't found one for these cars and everything on YouTube that I find people are missing steps like flushing the air out of the hose before you open up the valves to let the refrigerant in and so on. I mean for the life of me I can't think of how we're not introducing air into the system every time we hook up our gauges I mean cuz right now my gauges are hanging up in the garage there's air in the lines... How do you get the air out of the low pressure line before recharging? Yes I know I can Purge there out of the yellow line that's easy but what about the air that's in the manifold from the manifold to the low port quick release? Any pointers are well appreciated. Oh and currently pressure on the system with the car off my low side is about 85 and my high side is about 100 I've searched the internet and evidently that means one of a million things.

Where else could this material have made it and clogged up?
Old 08-04-2023
Super Moderator

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,311 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: AC questions

With the engine idling and A/C on, you see the compressor clutch spinning and not just the compressor pulley? What do the pressures read when idle?