Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Crank no start '00 ex manual

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jemerson is an unknown quantity at this point
Crank no start '00 ex manual

Car was parked 1 month while teenage son was working at an out of state camp. Note GMC dealer hit me for $1200 due to animal eating wiring car parked in same driveway recently..Have lots of chipmunks around house. Crank no start swapped in autozone cap, rotor, coil and igniter. No spark off of coil. I'm stuck. Son noticed 15amp ig coil fuse was blown swapped that. Can hear fuel pump spinning up. Have a running 97 (auto) also but harness on distrib is different and see a 4th wire (blue) connected on the ignitor; where the 5spd with crank no start issue only has 3 wires connected to the ignitor WOndering about animals eating wiring and or one of the 3 sensors pickups in the distrib and or wiring for the sensors or sensors themselves. Could not find a distrib at a bone yard with same harness. Have tools and a test light but I am lost. Any help would be very appreciated.
Old 08-05-2016
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Crank no start '00 ex manual

Buy gun, see chipmunk, shoot chipmunk..no more Alvin's
Alternatively, buy pit bull, pit bull guards car, later in life (when doggy dementia sets in) pit bull turns on owner, use previusly purchased gun to shoot pit bull.
Circle of life/death fullfilled..lol
Old 03-07-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jameschris777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Crank no start '00 ex manual

I also have a manual civic mines and lx 2001. Check fuel, compression, and spark. You said its not sparking so you have a problem with the ECM, or maybe a sensor, or wiring problem. I would check that cam and crank sensors are working. My water pump failed causing my timing belt to sheer teeth off and shorting out the crank shaft sensor. The short in the crank sensor caused the car to not spark, causing a not start condition. Check to see if the fuel pump is kicking on. you should hear it when you turn the key in the ignition.

Thanks,