Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

2001 Window Weather Stripping

Old 12-06-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BigLeg is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 Window Weather Stripping

I cannot find this weather stripping anywhere online, and I can't locate it in Majestic Honda's diagrams. Both of mine are flaking apart and need to be replaced.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civic weather stripping.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	3.65 MB
ID:	88339  
Old 12-06-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2001 Window Weather Stripping

The strip that's peeling and exposing shiny metal should be found under "molding" in the drop down menu.

Satin black spray paint is an option too.
Old 12-07-2015
PMI
Registered!!

PMI has a spectacular aura aboutPMI has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the pic, I was looking for that also, preferrably b/f winter.

How do you replace that strip?

Mine looks like there is a gap between the strip and the painted top edge of the door, so may have been reinstalled incorrectly, or bumped and damaged (?) A tiny silver tab is visible under the strip in the gap, the strip is loose when the window is rolled down, and not sealing 100% when window is up.
Old 12-07-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMI

How do you replace that strip?
After you get the mirror out of the way, and maybe the chunk of vertical trim at the rear (or you might be able to slide the horizontal trim out from under it after it's pulled up, IDK), it should lift/pry straight up. New part should come with the clips (#10) attached to the trim. Study how the clips work before trying to yank the old trim up.
and not sealing 100% when window is up.
They aren't really designed to seal against the glass. If they do that's great, but they don't have to. Doors are designed to allow water to flow through and out the drain holes at the bottom.
Old 12-08-2015
PMI
Registered!!

PMI has a spectacular aura aboutPMI has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ezone
After you get the mirror out of the way, and maybe the chunk of vertical trim at the rear (or you might be able to slide the horizontal trim out from under it after it's pulled up, IDK), it should lift/pry straight up. New part should come with the clips (#10) attached to the trim. Study how the clips work before trying to yank the old trim up.
They aren't really designed to seal against the glass. If they do that's great, but they don't have to. Doors are designed to allow water to flow through and out the drain holes at the bottom.
I meant there is a gap in one section, against the metal, the rest of it looks ok. On the other side (passenger), it is flush against the metal. I do know about the drain holes, but they are also a nice place for rust to start, especially where salt is used on the roads in winter.

At $24 online, I am going to order it this week, thanks for the pic, especially if the clips come with it. I may have to take it to a body shop, or find a diagram in a Honda manual on how to remove the other pieces of trim around it. Otherwise the chances of damaging another piece are really good.