Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

Honda Civic 08 - SRS light On

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bobby08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Civic 08 - SRS light On

Hello,

I have a Honda Civic 08. The SRS and seat belts light were on after I hit a pot hole. The seat belt pre-tensioners blew off because of the impact and belts were locked. There was no airbag deployment. I got the new seat belts for the car and now the light for seat belts in off, but SRS light is still on. Took it to a Honda dealer for diagnostic who said, as per the manual, the SRS module, seat belt buckles, Impact sensors have to be replaced(along with seat belts but since I got it fixed, it is off the list) if SRS light is on after impact and if airbags did not deploy. The codes from diagnostic were F1-11 and F2-11.

The whole thing is costing me 1700$ and he says there is a chance that the SRS light would stay on after all this and they will have to look for other things.

A forum said SRS light can be turned off by starting car on and off 5 times with some interval. Tried that and it did not work.

Is there a quick and easy solution for this or do I have to spend all that? I asked if we could try fixing each one(Module/buckle/sensor) and see if the light goes off. He said okay for that. What is the first thing I should look at fixing among the list ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda Civic 08 - SRS light On

after I hit a pot hole.

The whole thing is costing me 1700$ and
Most people would have their insurance company in on this.

======================

You will buy a new SRS control unit at the bare minimum.

A unit that has fired bags or seat belt parts cannot be trusted to give accurate fault codes other than the permanent "deployment event" codes..
A new unit must be connected and then scanned to see if there are more codes.

There is a shopping list of parts that is written by the manufacturer in black and white, that are to be replaced after any deployment event. The list varies depending on what was deployed.

"How much is my safety worth? I have a great future behind me. I don't mind safety as long as it's not too expensive."
Old 10-19-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bobby08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Honda Civic 08 - SRS light On

Thank You!

I got the new SRS unit and code said the problem was with the seat belt buckles. So, had to get the new buckles as well!