Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Need window stripping. What's the name?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emaxxx4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need window stripping. What's the name?

(Mods: Please move this to Interior if it doesn't fit this subject)

I have an 07 Civic EX Coupe and am looking to replace a part. Problem is that I don't know the name of it. It goes between the glass in the window on the driver side and passenger side doors, that when you roll the window down, it absorbs any water or moisture on the glass. Then when you roll it back up, it cleans the glass. I can feel it if I have my window rolled all the way down and lay my arm on the door, but it's that rubber part that cleans the glass. I wouldn't really call it weatherstripping, as I thought that's typically the name of the part that goes around the entire door, but I could be wrong.

Mine's starting to look cracked and weathered. I was searching ebay but couldn't find anything relatable. Some ads show the diagram where said part will go, but I haven't seen any listings for them yet. Does anyone know the name of this part? Thank you.
Old 06-19-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Need window stripping. What's the name?

Go to this website: torontohondaparts.com
Put in your car's info and you can look through the parts catalogue, and get the part number. You can even order it through the website, but you're probably in the states. There's American websites too but I don't know them off the top of my head
Old 06-19-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

@Colin42

here are my go-to american parts sites

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com (majestic honda, based out of RI -- for you, probably your best bet)
www.hondapartsunlimited.com (based out of Phoenix, AZ)
www.hondapartscheap.com (Based out of Los Gatos, CA)
www.collegehillshonda.com (based out of OH)
Old 06-22-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emaxxx4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha! Looks like I was wrong. It IS weatherstrip, but at least I got the part number. Thank you both!