Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

hood replacement for '07 Civic Si

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jptra is an unknown quantity at this point
hood replacement for '07 Civic Si

Hey all,

I'm looking for a replacement hood in Galaxy Gray Metallic (color NH-701M-4) for my '07 Civic Si. Does anyone know where I can get one at a reasonable price? The car has some 230k miles on it now, so I'm not looking to spend a fortune. It does still look pretty nice (other than the crumpled hood) and runs great though, so I'd like it to look passably decent, especially as I may sell it soon.

I've seen some primed replacement hoods relatively cheap, but by the time I pay the shipping to Atlanta and have it painted, it doesn't seem worth it. If I could find somewhere local, I could avoid the shipping charges, but would still have the paint cost to absorb. My options seem to be as follows:

1) Buy a new primed hood, and have it shipped to me, and then painted. What costs should I expect for a) the hood itself, b) shipping, and c) painting? Suggestions for vendors?

2) Find a local supplier to avoid shipping costs- any suggestions?

3) Find a local junkyard with an intact hood that matches my color. This would likely be by far the most reasonable path, but perhaps also the most challenging to find.

Thx for any suggestions!

Last edited by jptra; 03-14-2019 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Correct forum now
Old 03-14-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: hood replacement for '07 Civic Si

moved to correct section,
junkyard is going to be your best bet unless you find someone parting out a car locally on craigslist/facebook/whatever
car-part.com is another option, it searches junkyards all over, and most yards will ship if you cant find anything close
or get a black primered hood and go for the fake carbon fibre look
Old 03-14-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jptra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colin42
moved to correct section,
junkyard is going to be your best bet unless you find someone parting out a car locally on craigslist/facebook/whatever
car-part.com is another option, it searches junkyards all over, and most yards will ship if you cant find anything close
or get a black primered hood and go for the fake carbon fibre look
Thx for the suggestions, and for moving the post too!
Old 03-14-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Check local salvage yards, check car-part.com, and ask your local auto shops and bodyshops where all they might get used body stuff like that.