Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Where To Buy & How To Replace Your Hood?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amorimluc is an unknown quantity at this point
Where To Buy & How To Replace Your Hood?

Hey!

About a year ago my brother bumped on a car at a stoplight and damaged the hood of my civic...

I finally have some money saved up (student) and want to replace it. Where is a cheap but reliable place to buy my Honda Civic 2004 hood?

Secondly, what tools will I need to replace it myself? Is the process difficult? What's the process?

Thanks!!

- Lucas
Old 01-30-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where To Buy & How To Replace Your Hood?

If it's all cosmetic damage, it's a matter of unscrewing 4 bolts, carrying the hood off, putting the new one in place, and reinstalling those four bolts. I'd recommend having a friend or 2 help you out.

As for where to go.. depends on your budget. You can get a brand new OEM hood from hondaautomotiveparts.com of hondapartscheap.com, but you'd be paying ~$260 + shipping and paint. I'm sure someone else may be able to direct you in a more cost-effective direction though.
Old 01-30-2012
Registered!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
bryan.0831 is an unknown quantity at this point

Search craigslist near you. That's where I found mine. I got a dent on the front from a tow hook of a truck. I bought a hood for $50 matching my SSM. What a bargain.
Old 01-30-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Look at junkyards, if your lucky ou can find one your colour. Kijiji craigslist, ebay.. everywhere
Old 01-31-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Nationwide salvage listings: http://www.car-part.com/

Also get new hinges as they may be bent too.

1) Get a friend
2) Open the hood
3) Stand on either side of the car
4) Unbolt the bolts on your side and have your friend unbolt his side
5) Remove and replace
6) Adjust the hood latch to fit properly

The reason you use 2 people is it's waaaaay easier and you won't dent, ding, or bend the hood in the process.