Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Drivers Side Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016
New Here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stephennael is an unknown quantity at this point

The drivers side window works almost perfectly, power up, and down. Auto works fine, except when we roll the window up, right near the top the window pulls forward a bit and leaves a crack open towards the rear of the car. If you grab the window it will actually sway from forward to rear. I thought it may be off the track, so I took the panel off and took a look at the window. Everything looked fine to me, I even tried taking it off the track without removing anything, and it wouldn't budge. However when I rolled the window up to where the problem usually happens, it felt like the track the window is on twists a bit at the top, and the cable gets loose. Can anyone help me with this problem?
Old 09-10-2016
New Here

The drivers side window works almost perfectly, power up, and down. Auto works fine, except when we roll the window up, right near the top the window pulls forward a bit and leaves a crack open towards the rear of the car. If you grab the window it will actually sway from forward to rear. I thought it may be off the track, so I took the panel off and took a look at the window. Everything looked fine to me, I even tried taking it off the track without removing anything, and it wouldn't budge. However when I rolled the window up to where the problem usually happens, it felt like the track the window is on twists a bit at the top, and the cable gets loose. Can anyone help me with this problem?
Old 09-10-2016
New Here

Re: 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Drivers Side Window Problem

test
Old 09-10-2016
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Don't spam multiple forums with the same topic please.

When the window is all the way up does it seal?

It is not uncommon for windows to rock back and forth some as they travel up. Even brand new 0 miles car will do this. I had to service a 2016 civic this week and it has windows that rock some.

If you want a random guess just to throw parts at it, you would need a window run channel, which is the rubber strip in the door frame that the window rides up and down in. Yours might be deformed or damaged in some way causing a tight spot. Another possible choice would be that the front edge of the glass has jumped out of the run channel. Another possibility is that there is just a build up of dirt in the run channel that needs cleaned out and some silicone liquid lube applied to the rubber.
Old 09-10-2016
New Here

I didn't mean to put it on multiple places. I saw that I didn't post in a certain area so i went to re-post there and tried to delete this one, but I wasn't able to.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try those out now.
Old 09-10-2016
New Here

I have cleaned the track and looked at the rubbers, they all look fine. I tried to add some lubricant and it does the same thing.
Old 09-11-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Check this TSB

https://www.scribd.com/document/176342309/a06-014-Front-Door-Glass