Interior Post information/questions/Issues about Interiror Parts here.

Climate control panel issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cranford97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Climate control panel issue

Hello all, first time caller. Haven't found a similar issue online so bear with me.

​​​​​​My 2008 Civic climate control panel is unresponsive in cold temperatures (starts around 0°C but worsens around -10). It maintains the settings from the last time the panel worked, so I leave the defrost on maximum with full heat, and remote start the car.

Once the car warms up (and usually 5-10 minutes of driving), the fan does something where it will cut out for a fraction of a second. When it cuts back in, the selector light on defrost will light up, and then the panel works as per normal. About 20% of the time it will remain unresponsive after the short cutoff, almost like it's trying to cut in but doesn't.

I brought it to the garage, and they tried replacing the panel, but encountered the same issue with the replacement, so they're unsure what to do next yet.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Would be nice to have a little more control of my rear defrost but don't want to start trying to fix things that don't need to be fixed.

Thanks in advance! ​​​​​​​

​​​​
Old 11-22-2021
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,456 Likes on 1,207 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Climate control panel issue

probably the wiring is damaged somewhere. need to trace it