Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

Anti theft system

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coumadin01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anti theft system

How do I get my car to start if it's been immobilized by the system? Car starts drive somewhere get back in and nothing. Tried putting in neutral, brake thing, turning key on and off, leaving in on position for 10 minutes, tried using valet key, unlocking & locking doors, jumping nothing works! Help! Starts eventually anywhere from 1-3 days later.
Old 08-04-2015
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anti theft system

Does it have an aftermarket alarm? What is the year, make, model, country you are located in? What are the symptoms? Does it crank? Is there a flashing green "key" light on the instrument cluster. How does it run when it does start?

If it is truly a factory immobilizer problem I would not expect it to ever start for you. There are no ways to bypass factory immobilizer without factory equipment (ie dealer only tools).
Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

09 civic and everything is factory. Car doesn't crank nothing. The green key shows up on the dash during this time but when it magically starts it's gone. I've taken it to the dealer and others and they can't find a damn thing wrong with it. I've already spent thousands on this damn car and still does the same crap.
Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

Even got a new key from honda a yr ago.
Old 08-04-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

On my 2010 when trying my blank key without immobilizer chip the car would crank and start then quickly die with flashing green key symbol.

Maybe some other issue like intermittent poor connection..... why immobilizer light though ?????
Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

Bought the car while living in Connecticut but now live in ohio.
Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

I don't know what is wrong with it but I have used just the valet key think that would help but it didn't. Everything supposedly checks out fine. How to I disconnect that stupid thing? I don't know what to do anymore I've done way more than I should've. I bought the car a yr ago March and it's been nothing but problems since. Will NEVER purchase another. First and last one.
Old 08-04-2015

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Certainly going to need more info,

Do the multitude of dash lights work when key is at II, before attempting to start ??

Dome light come on when dead ??

Will the horn sound ??

Do you get any noise when attempting ?? Single click, fast clicks ??
Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

Everything works all lights radio locks. And yeah you can hear a click. I read that the anti theft cuts fuel to the car and that is what keeps it from starting. I'm at a total loss. It's so random. Starts runs turn it off go back 5-10 minutes later and nothing.
Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

Twice the alarm has gone off when I've gotten in the car and put the key in the ignition.
Old 08-04-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The green key shows up on the dash during this time but when it magically starts it's gone.
Read your owners manual to see how the green key symbol is supposed to work (flash) when everything is normal, and what it does when something is wrong.
THEN decide if you have an immobilizer problem or if it is something else (like a bad starter).
Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

Car didn't come with the manual and everything has been tested and checked repeatedly. Just checked it a week ago Friday when it happened and they said everything checked out fine started right up. 4 days later it happened again and again did all things told online nothing worked. Magically 3 days later got in and it started right up.
Old 08-04-2015

Originally Posted by coumadin01
Everything works all lights radio locks. And yeah you can hear a click.

When problem present & attempting to crank... do the dash lights dim ? or stay bright ?
Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

They stay bright.
Old 08-04-2015

To me it sounds as if for whatever reason the high current is not reaching your starter motor with symptoms like those. ( solenoid, poor connection)

What happens if you try to release, and then crank again and again ??
Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

Just a click not crank nothing. It did start one time when I put it in neutral but didn't work the next time I tried it.
Old 08-04-2015
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Hold the key into the start position and with your foot on the brake very slightly move the shift lever through reverse into nuetral. If it tries to start along the way you likely have a bad range switch.

You say you have had nothing but problems with this car, What else has been done to it? What kind of service department did the work? Not all technicians are equal.
Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

If it happens again I'll try that. I've had to do my brakes, rotors, pads, calipers every other month since purchasing. Wheel bearings and hub done recently. Took it in for an oil change and had to get it towed to an actual auto repair place because they couldn't get the oil to flow into the filter. Pd them over 100$ for nothing. Cost me almost 700$ to fix that. Just one thing after another. I recently found out I have cancer and am out of work fighting social security for disability and have spent money I couldn't spare on this car for diagnostics to find out nothing is wrong. I have another surgery coming up and am worried I'm going to wake up and get in the car and it's not going to start. I'm a single parent and am still paying the car note. Can't trade it without a job and don't want to take a chance in selling it outright and having worse problems with another car.
Old 08-04-2015

Try the test given, and keep thread updated.
Will try to narrow it down for you.

Stay strong.
Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

Ok. Thank you.
Old 08-04-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Car didn't come with the manual
When you turn the key on: Immobilizer (green) light should come on for about 2 seconds then turn off.
When you turn the key off: Immobilizer light should flash for about 5 seconds.

If you try to start it with a wrong key or the immobilizer is activated the green light would flash rapidly as long as the key remains turned on.
The starter will crank the engine but the fuel injection would be cancelled at the 2 second mark so it would not be able to run.

The immobilizer system cannot disable the starter.

Just a click not crank nothing
Probably a bad starter.

I've had to do my brakes, rotors, pads, calipers every other month since purchasing.
Un-freekin-real.
The only person I have ever seen actually needing this sort of work (minus the calipers) was a friend of mine that drove on 3 rural newspaper routes, 250 miles each night.... full throttle for 1/4 mile then stand the car on its nose to stuff a paper in the roadside box at each house. Repeat for 250 miles. Every. Damn. Night. Something like 600 papers IIRC, and those are not a light load at all.

Anyone else going through brakes that fast would have some underlying major malfunction that has not been addressed.
Even the $12 compressed cardboard brake pads from DangerZone should last a regular driver quite a bit longer than that.

Took it in for an oil change and had to get it towed to an actual auto repair place because they couldn't get the oil to flow into the filter. Pd them over 100$ for nothing. Cost me almost 700$ to fix that. Just one thing after another.......

....and have spent money I couldn't spare on this car for diagnostics to find out nothing is wrong.
May be a victim of incompetence and/or greed, hard to tell from here.
As the poster above said, "Not all technicians are equal."

I recently found out I have cancer .....
I have another surgery coming up
I sincerely wish you the best of luck.
Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

Thank you. I just made them replace my wheel hubs and bearings hoping that helps cuz this last time the pads wore down to metal in less than 30 days. Also had warranty out the rotors cuz they warp constantly. Even replaced brake lines.
Old 08-04-2015
Registered!!

Had them check the starter and battery alternator and nothing. Towed it there cuz it wouldn't start. Guy got in and it started right up. So they probably think I'm nuts. They say they've never heard of this problem before but I have read lots of things online with people having the same issue.
Old 08-04-2015

Intermittent problems have to be acting up before anyone can actually diagnose them, and is has to stay broke long enough to diagnose and prove what the problem is.

As long as it works right, nothing will test bad.
Old 06-21-2019
Registered!!

Angel615 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coumadin01
Even got a new key from honda a yr ago.
Bad ECU the computer is glitching
Old 07-25-2019
Registered!!

colewan is an unknown quantity at this point