Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Valet Key-HELP PLEASE **URGENT**

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W.A.S. is an unknown quantity at this point
Valet Key-HELP PLEASE **URGENT**

I have a 2012 civic coupe LX. I do not have remotes or the black/main keys. Only a Valet key. I have been driving it like this and no issues. Tonight, I tried to lock it, then the alarm started going off. I tried to close the door, lock then unlock it. Nope! So, I waited and came back and tried to lock, unlock, and open the door. Tried the key in ignition and it will not start. Waited for about an hour, same thing. I HAVE to be at work and of all days, my boss will be coming in town for a mandatory meeting. can Anybody help????

Last edited by W.A.S.; 02-05-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-05-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Valet Key-HELP PLEASE **URGENT**

I can't read.

If it won't start (I assume it turns in the ignition), the green key symbol should be flashing, and that would mean either the key is not programmed or the immobi system is having problems. You may be towing it to a dealer?

Get some keys made and have them see if there are other issues with not disarming when you use the key in the door.
Old 02-05-2015
Registered!!

yes, the key turns in the ignition. just wont start and the horn keeps beeping for about 30 seconds, then if I leave it alone, will stop.
Old 02-05-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

So you definitely have a security system problem, it seems.
Problem here is that when you stick the key in the ignition and turn it ON the honking should quit.

From your owners manual, page 109:
To deactivate the security system alarm
Unlock the vehicle using the key, or remote transmitter. The system, along with the horn and flashing lights, is deactivated.

page 110:
To cancel the security system alarm
The security system is canceled when the vehicle is unlocked using the key or remote transmitter, or the ignition switch is turned to ON (w. The security system indicator goes off at the same time.

So no matter what, it should all quit making a racket by turning the key on. If it does not do as described, that's a problem.

Is there also a problem with the immobilizer? The lighted green key symbol on the gauges, does it flash rapidly when you turn the key to ON?

What DOES happen when you try to start the engine?
No crank?
Clicks loud but no crank? Lights go dim or anything?
Crank but no run?
Cranks, runs for 2 seconds then dies?

Weak battery?
Old 02-06-2015
Registered!!

Everything comes on but the car will not start. There aren't any unusual noises. It doesn't make any clicking noises so I don't think it's the battery is going dead or anything like that.