General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

DAMN VALET PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AirForce is an unknown quantity at this point
DAMN VALET PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

OKAY here is the story, I washed my car on sunday and took all my wheels off (cleaned them) and rotated them. So then my car goes in the shop for Tuesday and Wendsday(for a SRS warrenty issue). So the next day I drive to work. Everything is fine after work so I go meet my girlfreind and the Hyatt(hotel). They only Valet park, SO i was already alittle uptight about this situation. This guy who comes up to me and says "nice rims are they custom?" I am like NO they are Konig Rated R's. So I give this little punk my car. Oh and by the way I have a dry box in the back of my car for tools and stuff and it was shut when it left. So I go and get my car back the next day. everything seems fine, until I open the trunk. My dry box crap was spilled everywhere. But that is not all, when I get home the next day I look at my rims and there is a hugh freakin gash takin out of my rim. So I think this punk went hot rodding with me car and curbed my freakin car. I was so pissed. If that kid would of been there when I found that I would of killed him. I was so pissed. Well i needed to vent SO WATCH WHEN YOU VALET PARK GIVE IT TO AN OLDER PERSON OR DON"T VALET PARK IT.

Bill
Old 07-08-2002
APS
Registered!!

APS is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear it dude....i feel your pain, my car got hit over the weekend. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] Bad weekend for civic owners.
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

MikeyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
I am so against valet parking... I know too many stories.... One of my good friends is an assistant manager at a hotel, and he tells me HORROR stories about his valets. One time, this valet at his hotel decided to take a guest's car home because he forgot something. On the way home, the valet wrecked the car. And don't even ask what the valet's do to manual transmissions.

Sorry to hear about your car. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-08-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
I used to Valet when I was younger, and I can tell you now that I would never let anyone valet park my car. We used to take the cars out, and smoke the the hell out of the tires....and some others that i worked with used to go through the peoples cars to see if they could steal anything...I never did that, but I did beat on their cars. We used to dent them too...and as long as you could hide the damage then you were safe....as soon as the people pull out of the driveway, you cannot come back and say the damage happened there....
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
I never valet my car. Heck i don't even let my mom, dad, brother , gf drive my car. If you valet, you assume the risk and responsibilities.
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

AirForce is an unknown quantity at this point
You better believe they are paying for it. Those F$uks are not getting away with it. And that is the bottom line because my fist said so
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

Civey is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: APS
Sorry to hear it dude....i feel your pain, my car got hit over the weekend. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] Bad weekend for civic owners.[hr]
It was a bad weekend for civics. First mine caught fire after a firework exploded in it, I hit a groundhog which shattered my underbody neons, then I found out my resonator is as big as my muffler was, how much power is killed from the header to the tip? Damn, I also saw airforce's civic and the gash is pretty big. Had me and my boy stayed at the hyatt we would have kicked the valet people's a#$. I dont like valet anyway.
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks man......[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]......But you can't just say give the car the an older Valet......I used to work in the Valet Department as a Lead,,,and the Older guys are more Prone to lie because they don't want to lose their jobs they've had soo long......I remember one old guy that had backed some guys car into the concrete base of a Parking lot Light......He just marked the car damaged already in that spot.....We caught him but he wasn't even fired......I remember we had a big speed bump in the driveway, and one occasion when a valet pulled up this Dudes lowered Acura, he took the speed bump like it didn't exhist,,,Totally shattering the dudes bumper and side-skirts..........I could go on and on Valet & Bellman stories.....Maybe I'll do an Off-Topic.....
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

GriffO44 is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks man....I never use valet parking no matter where im at. If I have to walk a lil bit farther ill park my own car....
GRIFF
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

JustRobIt is an unknown quantity at this point
On prom night, I drove my car, and her mom insisted that I get valet parking, so I told her I would. When we pulled up to the valet in front of the place, the kid's eyes light up and he got all excited. needless to say, all I could think about during dinner was what that kid could be doing to my car. luckily everything was ok, but it was still a scary experiance.
Old 07-08-2002
LJ
Fernando The Donkey Lover

LJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Not to be an ***, but half of that could have been solved by giving them the valet key, i dont think you can get into the trunk with the valet key. I know in more powerful luxary cars, the valet key acts a a governer, and wont let you drive the car very fast, takes a 405 hp Z06, and makes it only go 35 mph. Ahh, the technology of computers.

When I go to the mall, I ALWAYS get valet, but only on the weekends, cause they are usually so busy, they dont have time to screw around in your car. I never do it on weekdays, i dont even know if it is offered, and remember, tip your valet guy, they will be nicer to you everytime you come!
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Damm, thats crazy man. I hope you are going to go back and make them pay for it. Tell them some story like you have a camera in your car or that you took pictures prior to pulling in, just to see if that helps any.
I have never been anywhere that I would have had Valet parking but if they wouldnt let me park my car then I wouldnt be going there, or I would just call the manager and tell him what I think of the whole Valet thing.

Sufice to say I will not be using Valet parking in the future.

Good Luck man, keep us posted.
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd suggest making a police report. I'm not sure how nice the valet company is going to be after the fact...being that you picked the car up already and drove it to other locations.
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

The guys at the malls are the worst......We had a big thing in the Newpaper of a Valet company where the Valets were stealing Mobil Speedpasses for free gas.........

Most Valets back cars in if you have a low exhaust tip or canister....remind the Valet not to back it in all the way........I've seen too many Valets pull up cars dragging exhausts cans behind.....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] Also,, don't leave gum they'll take a couple sticks....

Mall Valets are the worst.....There was a recent story of Mall Valets Stealing Mobil Speed passes and charging up thousands of dollars in gas bills.......Take your speed passes they're like credit cards.....

Have you ever looked on the back of the Valet ticket they give you.....Most have disclaimers stating that they are not responsible for and damage to your car and they're not responsible for any missing Items......Here's one from my work.......Sorry 4 the blurry pic....

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] IMAG0068.JPG (33 Kb)
Old 07-08-2002
LJ

[hr]Originally posted by: Tekniq
The guys at the malls are the worst......We had a big thing in the Newpaper of a Valet company where the Valets were stealing Mobil Speedpasses for free gas.........

Most Valets back cars in if you have a low exhaust tip or canister....remind the Valet not to back it in all the way........I've seen too many Valets pull up cars dragging exhausts cans behind.....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] Also,, don't leave gum they'll take a couple sticks....

Mall Valets are the worst.....There was a recent story of Mall Valets Stealing Mobil Speed passes and charging up thousands of dollars in gas bills.......Take your speed passes they're like credit cards.....

Have you ever looked on the back of the Valet ticket they give you.....Most have disclaimers stating that they are not responsible for and damage to your car and they're not responsible for any missing Items......Here's one from my work.......Sorry 4 the blurry pic....

[hr]

I dont worry about these malls, these malls are very high class malls, Polaris Fashion place, and Easton Town Center, they park cars such as porsches and ferraris all night long, why would they mess with a civic? or a GS400?
On the back of their tickets they have a little diagram of a car, and if any damage is noticed, you mark it on there and take it to the main office inside the mall, and they take care of it
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
[hr]Also,, don't leave gum they'll take a couple sticks.... [hr]
heh, just leave them some gum from the gag store. Like the HOT gum or the gum that turns your mouth all blue. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

BlackSI is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to hear that, i'm sure the valet company protects themselves legallly from this type of incident, but if you go after them and keep buggin the right person in charge, they may take care of u anyway, to get u out of their hair--if that happened to me i'd be pissed[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

The Valet company was for a very high class malll where I never go to because I can't afford anything(Fashin Island-Newport Beach).......My hotel gives you the disclamier ticket and the Valet parks the car with ticket with the car diagram on it........I've known Valets that would damage cars and just circle it on the diagram like it was there already.........
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
During a recent family trip to Disney World, my parents (who are both attorneys) and I had a lengthy discussion regarding the disclaimers set fourth by the Disney Corporation. My father informed me that disclaimers, in general, don't hold any water if you can prove negligence. Negligence basically occurs when a duty of care is owed and the establishment fails to provide such duty. The Disney World tickets disclaim several things--that you agree to sue them in the State of Florida in the event of a proceeding, and also that they aren't responsible for certain things. The Disney corp. has already been successfully sued in New York State...so disclaimers don't always work to "disclaim" and are sometimes said to be not worth the paper they are printed on.

Just to add something else--when you give your car to a valet, that is called a bailment. You are "bailing" your property to another person. A bailment is transfer of property w/o a transfer of ownership. In any bailment, there is something called an "extraordinary duty of care" owed to the owner's property. This also applies when you send your car somewhere to get fixed. So, a valet company is required to exercise more than due care with someones vehicle.
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

JustRobIt is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: LJ
Not to be an ***, but half of that could have been solved by giving them the valet key, i dont think you can get into the trunk with the valet key. I know in more powerful luxary cars, the valet key acts a a governer, and wont let you drive the car very fast, takes a 405 hp Z06, and makes it only go 35 mph. Ahh, the technology of computers.

[hr]

Actually they dont' need a key at all to get into the trunk. There's that lever by the driver door that opens the trunk. And since our valet key doesn't act as a governer(that I know of?) it doesn't really matter if you give them that key.
Old 07-08-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
there is also a little lock where that lever is. and the valet key cant open that lock.
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

XXLUV2EXCELR8XX is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man i feel for you i remember i went to a sweet sixteen and the only parking around was the valet parking at the place....well i get back to my car not only is my tank more than a 1/4 lower than when i left it but my motorolla talkabout was stolen.
Old 07-08-2002
LJ

[hr]Originally posted by: JustRobIt
[hr]Originally posted by: LJ

[hr]

Actually they dont' need a key at all to get into the trunk. There's that lever by the driver door that opens the trunk. And since our valet key doesn't act as a governer(that I know of?) it doesn't really matter if you give them that key.[hr]
Please learn your car before you try to make me look like an idiot

There is a little lock on that lever, which the valet key will not unlock, nor will it unlock the rear seats, or the trunk (i think, someone please confirm this)
Old 07-08-2002
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
correct, but who here really has the valet key with them at all times. I almost never go to places that use a valet, so I don't bother having the durn valet key with me.
Old 07-08-2002
LJ

[hr]Originally posted by: InanimateCarbonRod
correct, but who here really has the valet key with them at all times. I almost never go to places that use a valet, so I don't bother having the durn valet key with me.[hr]

I do, cause I get Valet all the time, the part with the Valet key and my discount cards comes off of the part with my house key, key, and keyless entry