Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

06 civic Radio not working, clock flashes 1:00

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicinvt is an unknown quantity at this point
06 civic Radio not working, clock flashes 1:00

Hi guys,

I have a 2006 Honda Civic LX. Just replaced the battery and having issues with the radio now. Had to jump the old battery just to get it to the parts store so that I could buy a new battery.

In the past after jumping the battery, the radio asks me for a code (which I know), used to put that in and it would work fine. This time, it doesn't ask me for a code nor allow me to input anything. The clock continuously flashes 1:00. Pretty much all I can do is turn the radio on and off, eject a CD, or hold 1 & 6 to see the serial number when I turn it on. If i Push "1" or "4" I hear 3 short beeps.

Does anybody know how to get it to the point where it asks me for a code? Could this be a fuse issue? Could something have been blown or damaged when I jumped it? The battery was dead for over a week and I had a hard time jumping it, heard lots of clicking until I used a new pair of jumper cables that started the car right away.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated thanks! I tried finding other info about this but all the radio threads seem to revolve around how to find / input the code, but mine isn't even asking for one.
Old 02-07-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 06 civic Radio not working, clock flashes 1:00

You could take minus cable loose a few minutes, and reset again.
Old 02-07-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicinvt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 06 civic Radio not working, clock flashes 1:00

I was able to fix this, no need to disconnect and reconnect the battery.

For some reason the code was not showing up on the display, but I entered the code anyways (without being able to see it) and it worked.