Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Hydrolocked or NOT!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic2k2Ryder is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Hydrolocked or NOT!?!?

The other day it was raining like hell. I was going aroung the back side of K-Mart and drove through what looked like a shallow puddle. The shallow puddle was deeper than it looked. I drove through and my car shut off and locked down. I had my car towed to my garage. I looked around for an answer to my problem. I found out that i probally had hydrolocked my car. The symptoms sounded the same. CAI with no bypass valve sucked water into the engine. so far the car is locked up from what i can tell. I took off the spark plugs and released the compression and tried to crank the car. Nothing. I then drained the oil and water that ran through the engine. I then ran motor flush through it. Now we are trying to manually turn over the engine. Under the driver side wheel well there is a bolt to turn the engine over it wont budge. I need some help trying to loosen something up to get the engine to turn over. So far i have decided to take off the oil pan and look and see if a rod is bent. And I want to loosen up the belts too, to loosen up the tension. SO if you can tell me other ways that would possiblly help me make a suggestion.
Old 06-16-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Dayum.. if you took the sparks plugs out already, it should turn over fairly easy with socket and rachet with the tranny in neutral since there isnt any compression...
Old 06-18-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic2k2Ryder is an unknown quantity at this point
the engine is completly locked up nothing is lettign it loose. we are slowly taking everything off the engine. I guess im stuck rebuilding engine. but i am having it bored 60 over and replacing everything, so later the engine will hold to a high shot of NOS.