Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Engine Shakes and Check Engine comes on

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dhuong23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine Shakes and Check Engine comes on

Okay, so i was driving to the bank and after i was done i started my car and the engine started to shake really bad and the whole car shook and then the ChECK Engine light came on.. It only shook when i stopped on a redlight or put it to park but when i drove it, it didn't shake. So i finally drove it like 15 miles to my friend's house and then stopped it, i let it cool down alittle and then started it and the shaking stopped but the check engine still came on. So my brother took it to a cheap mechinic and he said it was the Oxygen Sensor byt just lookin at it. So he disconnected the battery and the reset the computer.. Now i'm freaked, he said don't worry about it and its fine. The Car has 45000 miles, and is due for its next oil change. If i take it to honda they will charge me a grip of money to get it fixed, What should i DO???
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
See if you can find a reputable shop that has a code scanner and can scan your car for any MIL or diagnostic errors. A good shop should be able to tell you what the codes mean and give you some possible solutions. If the solutions are way beyond your mechanical capability, take it to the dealer or shop.

Though its probably not the problem, but did you check out your motor mounts? I see a few posts here and there about peeps replacing these, mostly do to racing though.
Old 02-02-2003
Super Hoser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
don't you guys have warantee on the car? can't u just brink it back to a dealer for a free fix?