Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Done everything I know

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pochop1964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Done everything I know

I have a 2003 Civic ex. Pulled out of the driveway and it just cut off. Would not restart. Here is a list of repairs I have made in order.
Fuel pump
fuel regulartor
sock filter
air flow sensor
altenator
plugs(old plugs were sooty and after replacing the new plugs soon looked the same) Air/fuel ratio???
cam sensor
timing belt,water pump
Still no start until I replaced the entire fuel pump assembly. Then I got it started but it idles rough and when I press gas peddle it does not accelerate. Plugs still look sooty.
I got a o2 sensor code on both up and down stream sensors. These have never been replaced(236k) so I cleaned both(soaked in gas for 2 days) of them and it made no difference.
Nothing on the throttle body sensor wise has been replaced.
I cleaned the injectors and they worked fine.
replaced both cam and crank shaft O ring seals.It was leaking oil on the crank seal very badly and the crank sensor and the bottom around the shaft was covered in grim and dirt including the crank sensor. Both upper and lower covers had holes worn in them were road crap was getting in there. Reason for the build up of crap.
This car never smoked or burned oil and ran fine until this happened.
When I took out the fuel rail to clean injectors it had a damper/pulsator on the fuel rail. I took that apart.It had a screw holding the damper together. When I put it back together not sure if I reset the screw to where it was. I heard that the dampers are pre-set at the factory and should be left alone.
Not sure where to go next???
Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. Would love to get a few more miles out of it because of all the $$ I have put into it. If not I will sell for parts.
Thanks
Old 09-11-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Done everything I know

Read: https://www.onallcylinders.com/2012/...r-spark-plugs/
Old 09-11-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough

You should check the fuel pressure due to all you changed and messed with. Do a full pressure and fuel pressure leakdown test.

You should do a compression test to see if you got the timing belt on right.

you probably ruined your oxygen sensors soaking them in gas for two days so you should probably replace those too at this point...

You should have just paid a shop to fix it. It would have cost less than all the parts you bought and it would be running. Your post is the poster child for what not to do. Your car had one problem, now it may have 15

Last edited by RobertD; 09-11-2018 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-11-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Name:  y8MiA11.png
Views: 42
Size:  402.8 KB