Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Passenger power window not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nixyfior is an unknown quantity at this point
Passenger power window not working

2001 Honda Civic - Passenger power window is not working, I checked the fuse 22 and it was bad. I replaced the fuse and turned ignition and immediately it blew . Tried again put a new 20 fuse on and the second I turn the key the fuse blows.

Anyone know what I should do next?
Old 08-02-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Passenger power window not working

Figure out why the fuse is blowing.
Fuse 22 supplies power to both the master switch in the drivers door AND the window switch in the passengers door.

Unplug each switch one at a time and see if the fuse still blows after disconnecting each switch?

I'd kinda expect wiring issues in a door jamb harness.
Old 08-08-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nixyfior is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I only had one fuse left but I unplugged the passenger door switch and it still blew. I think it is wiring but I don't even know where to start looking. The passenger door wiring is all taped up good and not touching anything.

Thanks
Old 08-18-2016
Registered!!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
dnmacdon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nixyfior
Well I only had one fuse left but I unplugged the passenger door switch and it still blew. I think it is wiring but I don't even know where to start looking. The passenger door wiring is all taped up good and not touching anything.

Thanks
When I had a similar problem I was able to solve it by removing the wiring harness from the door, checking it with a multimeter using the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual, and found a short. I ended up just replacing the harness as the wires looked ok visually and I didn't want to put in the time to find the exact location of the short. I got mine from a scrapyard (tested it first), but they're not expensive from the dealer either. If you're going that route, the connector is in the rubber boot between the door and the body.

If the passenger side wiring harness tests OK, then there may be a short elsewhere. If you don't already have wiring diagrams, I've found the Haynes manual useful. There's a whole chapter in the back with wiring for (almost) every system in the car.