Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Flickering gauges + other electrical problems after swapping radio.

Old 05-03-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sags95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Flickering gauges + other electrical problems after swapping radio.

Hello everyone,

Im rather new to this forum but looking for some help here on my 2002 civic DX manual. Today i began switching my aftermarket Alpine radio for another Kenwood. However I realized that there was not the proper power harness included so i simply reattached the green power cables but left the radio unplugged till I receive the harness.

Now, as soon as I started the car I noticed the instrument cluster flickering with a ticking noise while starting the car however it disappears after some seconds after the car starts. Some other electrical problems noticed are the AC light on the button as well as the rear window defroster no longer light up when pushed. The warning when the lights are on while the car is off as well does not initiate.

Would appreciate any help here.
Old 05-03-2014
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Flickering gauges + other electrical problems after swapping radio.

sounds similar to this guys problem....

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...t-working.html
Old 05-03-2014
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Flickering gauges + other electrical problems after swapping radio.

you should always disconnect your battery before you start playing around with any wires....i have a funny feeling you did not