Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

power window not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
touhey is an unknown quantity at this point
power window not working

Rear Driver windows doesn't move...others are fine.

I've been searching web on this issue for a few weeks....I've checked fuses, and some other routine checks. Today when i tried to put the windows up/down i get a click/knock sound and if i hold the switch and listen closely i hear a "sizzle". I don't recall hearing this previously, but perhaps i wasn't listening.

Anyway this occurs when using either switch. Does this ensure my switches are good. I would think, "yes". Does this ensure my wiring is solid, no broken grounds or leads. I would think "not necessarily."
Is the motor bad, what is sizzling ?
Old 10-25-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: power window not working

01-05 ??

Certainly sounds as if you are getting voltage to the motor.

The same one on my 05 failed (all the way up luckily) would not make a peep, but could see the dome flicker ever so slightly when attempting.

The motor is not available separate, but part of the regulator assy.
Old 10-25-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: power window not working

Pull back the rubber boot covering the harness in the rear door jamb. One of the big wires may have broken.