Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

02 Si thieves stole center console; electrical issues

Old 07-25-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WizeNinjaNutz is an unknown quantity at this point
02 Si thieves stole center console; electrical issues

Hi guys, I've been reading the forum for a while but decided to finally join when this happened to me and hope someone could help me. So my car got broken into and the thieves stole the center console with the radio and chopped off the wires. I've been trying to put it back together, bought new harness plugs and new controls. Now my problems are:

-No A/C - air works but only blows out hot air.
-No interior lights
-No idle back lights (like if I turn on the lights and press the brakes, the brakes light up but when I let go of the pedal, the lights go out)
-Dashboard backlight doesn't light up, gauges work and so do the indicator lights
-Hazards work on and off

Can anyone help me? freaking sucks, they stole my stereo (which was broken anyway) but now I'm having a lot of trouble. Also, while wiring the harness that goes to the AC control, there are some red wires I have NO idea where they go. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Thank you, in advance, for your help.
Old 07-25-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 02 Si thieves stole center console; electrical issues

You make sure all your fuses were good?