Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

clicking sound on the wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
imsoleful is an unknown quantity at this point
clicking sound on the wheels

Hello everyone. sorry for being a noob. but my question is, anyone has an idea why i have clicking sound on all wheels when i park after i drive on the freeway. it sounds like something is unwinding and clicking at the same time and it slows down as the car is park longer. its louder on the passenger and rear back wheels, btw i drive civic 03 EX. thanks in advance.

another one... my airbag icon on my dash board is on... ionno why
Old 09-14-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: clicking sound on the wheels

much of that is prolly coming from the exhaust. when its super hot and you shut the car off, it will start to ping as it cools and slows down as the pipe becomes cold again. gas tank sometimes does this too due to the pressure buildup in the evap system.
Old 09-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
imsoleful is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
much of that is prolly coming from the exhaust. when its super hot and you shut the car off, it will start to ping as it cools and slows down as the pipe becomes cold again. gas tank sometimes does this too due to the pressure buildup in the evap system.
But its loud on the front driverside wheel too. Is there a way i can upload a audio file cos i recorded it with my iphone?
Old 09-14-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the loudest should be in the front of your car near the header part of the exhaust. upload to youtube and link me