Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Happy thread dont read if your a pessimist!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about
Talking Happy thread dont read if your a pessimist!

Well I have been check engine light free for about two weeks now and im glad! No more annoying orange light haha,
I just wanted to give hope to everyone who is on this part of the 7th gen forum.
There is a way to get your car working...
Also I wanted to thank all the mediators and senior members (maybe even the new members like me) that have helped me out.
I am proud to be a part of this forum and I love that there are people out there kind enough to help out civic owners; could not have done it with out you all.
These guys help out, without asking anything in return they get nothing out of it but the satisfaction of being helpful.

I thought it would be cool to see how many other people have been Check Engine Light free, and for how long.... even if you cheated and cut the wires for the little light xD (specify though haha)
--anyone in particular help you give them a shout out.
Old 04-25-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Happy thread dont read if your a pessimist!

I've never had a check engine light on my 7th gen
Old 04-25-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a check engine light for about 3 hours... I got the code read and it was the secondary o2 sensor malfunction. After getting the code read it hasn't come back since! This is with 110k miles on the car and it's the first time I've had the light Thanks for all the nice comments!
Old 04-25-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

never had a check engine light either

but thanks, we just all want our cars to be on the road and be able to do what we do right?
guess since you love us so much, time to buy a decal to show support right? haha
$1.50 for all our help!
bwahaha
Old 04-25-2011
Registered!!

2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about

how does it look?
Old 04-25-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ite-decal.html

Would nab that last silver before its gone :P
Old 04-25-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

I did had a check engine once and did know now what was wrong with it. Every time i start the car i could hear it coming. I sounded like the engine would lower its rev and right back up. So i remember i was messing with the resonator chamber and took everything apart again and put it all together again then it stopped so i guess it must have been leaking air or something no big deal.
Old 04-25-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Check engine light came on twice... once for a loose gas cap and the other time for an o2 sensor in the exhaust. it just disappeared one day.
Old 04-26-2011
Registered!!

haha i guess that no one has been too busy or to poor to have their check engine light on for more than a few days =P
Old 04-26-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,456 Likes on 1,207 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

mine was oil leak, VTEC stopped working. found the leak and filled the oil.
SRS light hurt more, Siemens module died on me... 600 bucks... Needed to be done, though, or no airbag. At the least ABS is separate... Not sure if seat belt tensioners would work.

Glad yours are off now
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

Un4givenshadow is an unknown quantity at this point

I am glad you got the help you needed here! I am always finding useful info on this site. I have had a CEL code once with my civic. Went back for a look at the work I just had finished on the car and realized I forgot to plug something in! DUH! Sure enough... went away! It is a good feeling!
Old 05-02-2011
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
mine was oil leak
Ditto. The CEL lets me know when I'm 2 quarts low. Refill and go again. Gonna track down the leak when I tear everything apart to change the timing belt. I guess for the time being it saves on oil changes...