Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

03 Civic Over Heating randomly

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newtpa is an unknown quantity at this point
03 Civic Over Heating randomly

Hi,
I have a 03 Civic with 90k on it. It begin to over heat randomly recently. I have noticed that it's pushing coolant into the overflow reservoir, however it's not returning it to the radiator. So the coolant is always low under the radiator cap and too much in the overflow reservoir. It has even spilled out of the reservoir a few times. What could be wrong here?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wetpinkpants is on a distinguished road
Re: 03 Civic Over Heating randomly

over heating sucks thier are so many thing it could be the first thing I always check is the radiator cap because the the rubber gets bad then thermostat ,are the fans kicking on ? Check engine light on? Did you have the timing belt changed? because of the water pump. You might want to have it pressure tested too the worst would be a headgasket. Does your oil look odd. Sorry so many things but it could be so many things.
Old 04-20-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

well, there have been 4 or 5 the last 2 days? not feeling like writing everything all over again...
just search the forum for overheating.
if you found this forum, surely you can search the forum for more details.
Spring come, temps go up, the overheating threads goes 100x fold.
hystory tellls...
including that no one wants to read and search to learn before asking...
human beings, i guess, "me first, me first! what is that old woman doing in front of meeee!?!? Run she down!!! I love me more!".
Whatever.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-20-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

You have a blown head gasket. I'm 99.3458% sure of this. And no I'm not joking