Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Taking apart Tailight?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Taking apart Tailight?

how do u take apart the stock taillights? i wana make some custom LED Boards for it but i cant figure out how to get them apart.
Old 05-13-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taking apart Tailight?

ehh its plastic welded. i tried and completely broke them to pieces. you can try with dremel but you will see the cuts from the outside lens. only way is to maybe cut up the rear and stuff in the led boards, but on sedan lights this is very difficult cause the mounting studs are in the way and the lights cannot be installed without em.
Old 05-13-2009
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

would using the oven work like the headlights?

this is the effect i want about 1/3 down.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/801395#Exterior
Old 05-13-2009
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Have you thought about getting a piece of reflective tape die-cut to do a similiar effect?
Old 05-14-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

oven will just melt the whole light. they are plastic welded, meaning hot plastic is used to fuse the two pieces and when it dries, it turns into a single piece. only way is to cut it.
Old 05-14-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

dont even bother, you will be buying a new set of taillights. i thought about until i seen how it was put together. it isnt like your headlights, they arent separate pieces squished together with gunk, they are just one piece of solid plastic more or less like gb is saying. you will just chip pieces away if you dont break it completely when you start prying on it.

if you want some led tail lights, there are some pretty good ones around...not to mention that even if you did a diy set of tail lights, the amount of time and accuracy it would take you wouldnt really be worth it.
Old 05-14-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

I got a set of someone's old shiny altezzas and I want to open them up and spray the inside black. Any idea if these aftermarket lights will pop apart in the oven?
Old 05-14-2009
Premium Member

some aftermarket lights do, just look for goo around it. if it just looks like its all plastic, it wont work.
Old 05-20-2009
^Warranty voider

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light

subscribed. im interested in this too, i got red clears on my 00 coupe and i thought about putting an led board behind a red plastic and leaving the outside clear sort of how the 08 sedans have their turn signals. if someone finds a pair of aftermarkets let us know.

get 10 people to pitch in 4 dollars and get a set of used altezzas or some other crap ebay tails and try them out then post them up as a DIY

Last edited by Running Riot; 05-20-2009 at 02:47 PM.