Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Any Suggestions on Take Off SHUTTERING

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mom2nathan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Any Suggestions on Take Off SHUTTERING

I have a 2014 Civic that I have put 10000 miles on. Notice on take off about 50 percent of the time it shutters when going to that first gear and usually when turning to the right. I thought transmission but have no idea. Aware that it is under warranty but it will take a miracle for them to acknowledge and fix. Please help.
Old 05-21-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any Suggestions on Take Off SHUTTERING

Go to the dealer with your complaint.

Take the tech or advisor for a quick test drive and DEMONSTRATE your issues so everyone is on the same page, so there is no guessing.

Plan on staying for a little while...
While you are there, go to the front lot and Test Drive a couple other identical Civics for comparison to yours.

Some vibration may be considered average, but some may not be normal.

Someone (tech) may need to compare with a few other cars first before deciding yours has a problem worth pursuing.

No, there may not be a fix if other cars compare about the same as yours, but your issues/complaints probably need to be documented.

I don't see any service bulletins under engine or transmission regarding the issue at this point.

HTH
Old 05-21-2015
Registered!!

thanks, will do. my dealer usually shrugs off issues so thought I would go in with a possible solution.
Old 05-21-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I have none. I've seen little or no issues with Civic CVTs so far at my dealer.
I have seen a couple complaints about other cars though.

Most people are worried about how it acts because they are so used to a regular automatic trans, this CVT is just -- different.

Maybe Hondas technical support department has other information that techs don't have access to.
Old 05-21-2015
Registered!!

thank you too. Ok, maybe it is the CVT that I am not used to but I would think it would do it every time. It is just weird the way it feels like a transmission shutter.