Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Is repairing "compliance bushing" necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lapchern is an unknown quantity at this point
Is repairing "compliance bushing" necessary?

took my car in for major maintenance at 80k and the dealer told me that my front compliance bushings are broken.

he quoted me about $500 (a bit less), but i did do some research here and saw that these aftermarket bushings last longer.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...prod=16%2E3116

can anyone else vouch for these? pros/cons?

most importantly... is there long term consequence if I dont repair this?

i haven't really noticed any issues with my driving...

Last edited by lapchern; 10-11-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-12-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Is repairing "compliance bushing" necessary?

When your compliance bushings are torn, they could cause excess tire wear. And yes, those energy suspension is a good long term replacement for them. They wont break as easily as the stock ones.
Old 10-12-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i love the ES bushings. stock ones tore on me around 80k miles or earlier, and cornering became much worse. also the car would not keep proper alignment since the rubber was torn and letting the suspension move around. ES are much better and handling will improve, they will also prolly last the life of the car. only small negative is sometimes they make some noise when its cold and you go over bumps and driveways. but for the most part regular driving, they are pretty quiet.
Old 10-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I need to get these. I am almost ready to roll over 150k. Is there anyway around using a press to get the old bushings out?
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I think you can dremel or cut the old bushings out, but your going to need a press or vice to put the ES bushings in.
Old 10-14-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Vice: you are genius. I hadn't thought about that.