Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

question about IAC valve gasket

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura about
Question question about IAC valve gasket

So... I just got my car back from the dealership and got some warranty work done. While I was there I picked up a IAC valve gasket for when I clean the valve up because of a great previous thread about rpm's dropping/low idle.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...idles-low.html

So my question is, when I reinstall my valve and put the new gasket in, do I need any adhesive or sealant?

And while I have you here I was also curious about how easy/hard is it to replace a exhaust heat-shield by your lonesome? and who would sell it? Autozone/Checker, Honda, Speed shop?

Thanks again.
Old 08-17-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Re: question about IAC valve gasket

no adhesive or sealant, there is a "cut groove" for the gasket it lines up perfect.
I just took those shields off of my stock exhaust... they rattled like crazy for me
Old 08-18-2007
Registered!!

damian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: question about IAC valve gasket

Makes sense... Now that I actually think about it, adhesive or gasket sealer would not be to good for the air flow...

For the exhaust, it's not stock.. I'm runnin 2" pipe all the way back with a high flow cat.. don't know what brand because it came on the car when I got it.. but wouldn't taking the heat shield completely nullify the point of it? I was running my car today on the e-way and I turned my system off and my rattle is coming from somewhere in the back by the trunk, so I'm thinking its the hangers and not the shield. Are hangers a bolt up n go type thing or does it involve welding the hangers to the exhaust?

I'm also interested in installing Strut and Sway bars on my car but I don't know if I really need both or just the front strut.. I don't run my car in any type of drift comp's or anything I would just like some stiffer turning at higher speeds.. *vegas has alot of twists and turns*

I to the forum gods. Thanks for the help and responses.
Old 08-20-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Re: question about IAC valve gasket

lol the rattling is coming from your "back inner deck lid" look up vibration in the "ice and stereo" section...

Some members just stuffed socks up between the deck lid and the metal part of the trunk...

The exhaust hangers are welded to the pipe I doubt they are what vibrating...

My advice for the struts are Tokico blues, you can keep your stock springs and have a little tighter suspension... Nuspeed makes a great front strut bar for our cars the also make an "X Brace" for under the car...

Both are excellent!!! Search around the site has answered all these questions and more! Good luck!