Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

162000 Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrohitredd is an unknown quantity at this point
162000 Maintenance

Wonder what else is due on the car. Apart from Oil Change every 3500 miles, below is whats done...

Brakes, Shocks, Spark Plugs, Ignition Coils, Transmission Flush - Less than 15k miles old.

Timing Belt, Water Pump, Coolant Flush, Radiator replaced, O2 Sensor, Free On refill, Head gasket job, Valve gasket - Under 5k miles old.

Is there any other maintenance i have to do ?

Question - Tie Rod ends were done about 6-8 months ago (or some 7-8K miles ago) & lower ctrl arm were replaced about 20k miles ago. Shocks are new too... But even after all these, i notice the below problems... What can be done to resolve them ?

1. While taking a turn (say exiting from a highway or merging on to a highway), the car bumps towards on the right side as if im driving on a 'wave'.
2. i know the car is lill old, but path holes and all, makes a lot of noise. As if the Dash board with in is just 'hanging loose'.

3. Also, do we have a Front Axle Fluid change for this car ?

Last edited by mrohitredd; 05-28-2015 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 162000 Maintenance

your owners manual (if you have it) gives a good list of recommended mantanance schedules, follow that,

things you have not listed just off the top of my head.....air filter, pcv valve, brake fluid, power steering fluid,
Old 05-28-2015
Registered!!

Owners Manual - I dont have it (bought this car at 130K & tried to keep it clean & good as much as i can).

I tried to search for schedule over the google & all i could find in the owners manual is till 120k miles.

Air Filter, Break Flush is not older than 10k miles.

Power Steering Fluid - will do it.
PCV Valve - What exactly does it do ? I changed the Cam Sensor & O2 sensor recently.

Sorry, i'm not that great at doing car jobs on my own... All i managed to do off late, is purely with the help of some kind ppl here
Old 05-28-2015
Registered!!

sorry, i did a bit of research on PCV Valve. My earlier question was to confirm if it was already replaced with the kind of work i did on the car (All the Gaskets, Timing Belt, Water Pump & Radiator job was done outside). I definitely didn't do it & not sure if it was ever done.

How do i check, if its done or due a replacement ?
Old 05-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

you can remove the pcv valve and shake it, you should hear a rattling noise, if its never been changed i would just replace it, a clogged pcv valve can cause pressure buildup in the engine which normally leads to blown/leaking gaskets

one thing in your original post concerns me when you say "transmission flush"

this is concerning for two reasons......the first is because these transmissions should never be flushed, they should only be drained and filled back up, flushing will do more harm then good,

the second reason is because if you did indeed have it flushed, chances are it was not at a honda dealership, and if it was not they probably used aftermarket transmission fluid which is another BIG no-no,

these transmissions are very sensitive to fluids and only honda fluid should be used
Old 05-28-2015
Registered!!

My bad... i did a DRAIN & REFILL.

looked at couple other links.. will do the PCV Valve & Power Steering Fluid change in a week.