Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Special slave cylinder knowledge required

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chopper202 is an unknown quantity at this point
Special slave cylinder knowledge required

Bobsagator told me to post this question here for some help..Ive had a squeaky clutch for a while now, I searched around on how to fix it and and I found out how and it was good for a while until I got a bit of heavy rain and now it has come back worse than before... I cannot get rid of it ... I have taken it apart twice and greased it up real good both times with lithium grease... There is one problem that I can see that might be causing it... and its within the slave cylinder, the ball joint specificley, it is quite worn I have a picture from a thread I posted in before...sorry for the large image size
Im not experienced with this type of clutch.. because my other car has a completley different setup.. im not sure if has any thing to do with the ball joint or something completley different.. Thanks for any help on the subject... But I have read evey clutch thread out there on this subject so I carnt search anymore...
Old 04-25-2007
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Special slave cylinder knowledge required

If I remember correctly Honda issued a Service Bulliten for squeaky slave cylinders. You might want to call the dealer and see if it's still valid, I know that quite a few people have had to change out the slave because it squeaked.
Old 04-26-2007
Registered!!

Thanks for that I gave honda a call in my lunch break and that isnt goin on anymore in Australia I dont know if its still on in America but they said that I could bring it in and they would replace it at a price but they wouldnt know how much until I bought it in... im just going to have a go at replacing the ball joint and see if that helps me at all...
Old 04-26-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

i was aware of the TSB for some issue with the clutch master cylinder that may cause it to squeak. i made multiple trips to honda, and they even replaced the master and the squeak continued. what finally ended up fixing it was when they "buffed some oxidation off the piston of the slave cylinder." <- their words. mine has started squeaking again. i will mention the ball joint to them when i take it in, and try to remember to let you know what they say here in the US.
Old 05-20-2007
Registered!!

Ive been searching around the junk yards and I got a slave cylinder piston that looked new no wear or oxidation... I instaled it and what do you know it still squeaks... AmbulanceMonkee I know ive said this before but I know the sound is coming from the slave cylinder not the master cylinder but since ive replaced the piston and can see nothing wrong with the actuall slave could it be the fork that the piston pushes against or where it connects to... I remember back to when I put my clutch in and I remember it being pretty complex in there but is there something in there that could be stuffing up???...