Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Abs Sensor, Broken Mirror Gas Remote Broken Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RexdaleAssassin is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Abs Sensor, Broken Mirror Gas Remote Broken Need Help

Im having a few problems with my 2003 Honda Civic LX sport. Just needed some of this excellent forums expertise as it has helped me immensely Thank you. I have 2 queries please.

Question #1

I was using the tech DIY's to install my sound system it worked perfectly and exactly as it was said in the DIY. BUT after i ran the power wire passed the grommet/firewall i dont know if i pinched something or what but my ABS light on my dash came on. I took it to the Honda Dealer and with a $90 charge the plugged my car into the computer and it told them that one of my ABS wheel sensors was gone. I was surprised of the coincidence that it happend exaclty when it did. now the dealer wants another $200 to put it in. The part alone costs $60 and i know a mechanic who said that he would putit in for $30. so i was wondering should I get it done at the dealer or trust my friend??? Or Can anyone help with my situation with any other suggestions.

Question #2

My second problem is that 1 day i was driving around with maybe about 1 litre or less in the tank and when i pulled up to the gas station and as i pressed the Remote to release the gas compartment nothing happend. I was afraid to move the car cuz i had no gas. I tried prying the gas compartment open scratching my car, and then i just forced it and i heard the pop of a broken peice. at least i could get gas into my car! Now there was a clip near the hingethat was keeping it opened as the lock broke, so i pulled out that peice and now the door closes properly and closes. Ihave it secured with some tape just in cause. I was wondering what is the best way to remedy this problem? Has anyone had this happen to them how much does it cost to repair?

Question #3

I was backing into a garage and broke my mirror its power and its heated now the wires came off the clip so i wanted to know if anyone knows the proper wiring of the clip that connects to the mirror????????? theres a bunch of colours just need them to be in the right order thanks for your help.

Also if anyone knows of cheap soultion to my mirror problem would be ery helpful. I have been told get a power mirror, black and paint it silver, but then i wont have the heat function, any help would be appreciated thanks

THank you for you timeand any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

RExdale Assassin

HONDA 4 LIFE
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

mystery is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn. my abs light came on a year ago and its still on. **** that light. but yeah i would let your friend do it. honda service is a rip. i bet its just some plug and play **** too. ehh.
Old 06-22-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
I have the wiring info for the heated mirrors for the Canada models. If you want it PM with E-Mail address and I will send it.

The crash guides I have say 1 hour to replace gas/trunk cable. I have the procedure for the EP3 that may be of help also.
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

twinbo is an unknown quantity at this point
I had my mirror broken off two weeks ago and had to get a new one. I would forget about the heat function and just get the power one. It is $117 CAD (100 USD) or around that from Honda. It did come in flat black which may be a problem for you.

Also, Honda won't sell you parts of the mirror (for example the mounting bracket), only the whole piece. Bunch of criminals if you ask me.
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

Thanks To All For Help

Thank You guys for all your help much appreciated. THis forum rocks. The best civic forum on the net agreed?
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

Rexdale
Old 07-04-2006
Registered!!

Hi Again

I just wanted to know if i could find the answers to my questions at some other ssites?

What are the best car forums??? Aside from this one of course!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

Little Help Anyone Thanks Please

Rexdale Assassin Appreciates Any Help How Ever Small It May Be !