Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Crap!! my 01 ex auto tranny went out. only 66K too

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7thGEN 2nv is an unknown quantity at this point
Crap!! my 01 ex auto tranny went out. only 66K too

it all started with this whinning noise only when i would warm up my civic. then a sudden sliping during 2nd gear and third gear....i would say about a 200-300rpm misshift. this would only occur while the car wasnt warmed up yet.

after 4 days of driving, same problems as above but instead of a 200-300rpm misshift it became a 500 rpm misshift, then a 1000 misshift, them a 1000-3000rpm misshift, then bam broken.

im upset because i only have 66k miles on my auto ex civic and its already broken. im going to hit up the dealership tommorow and see if its covered. im hoping it is!

so if anyones experiencing these symptoms, have it checked out ASAP!
Old 12-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
welcome to the world of 7thgen trannies. There are several threads about people having trannies fail on them. I unfortunately, havent experienced the tranny going out, but several have.
Old 12-14-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
call american honda...1-800-999-1009.....I doubt they will do much if anything possibly cover half to a quarter of the repairs......just call with the mentality that you thought hondas were reliable vehicles....especially the civic...best advice I can offer...
Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

american honda took care of my tranny... i had 66,000 miles on my 01 civic. i guess they are willing to replace trannys on low mileage civics but not on high mileage ones.

the service advisor at goudy honda took care of everything for me. hondas putting in a rebuilt tranny not a new one...hey its free so im not gunna conplain. he also said that if u want to make the tranny last u should change the tranny fluid with every oil change...
Old 12-21-2005
Civic Gurlies
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

HondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the rough
Same thing just happened to me. I've got a Automatic Ex with 48,000 miles. No warrenty. Yesterday it started slipping between 2nd and 3rd. Today, it failed!! Towed the damn thing to the dealer for $68 bucks. Luckily they said they would cover it under warranty anyway.
Old 12-21-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
****ing weak!
i just got rejected by honda america
80400 on the car!
Old 12-23-2005
Registered!!

it also helps if you get your car seviced at honda dealerships cuz it records in their computer everytime u take it to the dealership.

i had my tranny seviced at honda at 65,000 so the manager at goudy honda pushed for the free tranny, according to one of the customer service reps at american honda.

to everyone...take care of your tranny and change the oil often... lates!