Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HELP with aftermath of hydrolock!!! weird sounds!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aziankid1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP with aftermath of hydrolock!!! weird sounds!!

alrighty folks, if anybody can solve my problem i'll give you a million bucks!! naw just kidding but seriously, if anybody can help it's great. here's my condensed story: driving in rain, CAI installed, hit puddle, engine locks up, turns over in couple hours, weird sounds, honda is no help, and now i have a very noisey engine. ok...to expand on some of the points. after the car hydrolock, i was able to turn the engine over but it took awhile. when it finally started working again, there was a distict sound coming from the engine. it's a clicking sound. you've all heard of a baseball card stuck in a bicycle's spokes right? well that's what it sounds like now. i took it to honda to try to bs my way into them fixing it under warranty but no go on that. and now it's noisey as hell. click click clicky click. it's so annoying. now...i have 2 thoughts on what the problem is. one is bent valves. two is a bent connecting rod/piston. it's bent enough to make the noise yet still work. i dont know which theory is correct so that's why i need you people's help. and small note: no money for swap or new engine so don't even go there. i just need help in fixing this f'd up problem. please and thank you
Old 01-07-2004
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
if something is bent, i doubt you'll be able to fix it without..

1. tearing the engine apart and replacing bent parts
2. buy a new engine ($500 or so)
3. tearing the engine apart and looking for broken parts.
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Sometimes, if the problem is major, it would be cheaper to get a new engine. You need to tear the engine a part, or take it to a engine shop to be checked out. If its a clicking sound, its most likely a valve, but cant be sure. Good luck which finding the problem.
Old 01-07-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Here is what you do.

Your engine is most likely fine.
There is water every where in the engine now
Take out the park plugs and drain the oil
You might have to change the oils a few times to get all the water out.
Also with the oil out you will have to get the cylinders to move to pump any water out.
Also you could use a shop vac to suck water if any out through the spark plug tubes.

another person had the same problem on this site.
Every one said that the bend **** and messed the engine up.
No true.
He did the steps above at the honda service shop and his car was fine.
Once you get this fixed buy a AEM bypass valve for your CAI to assure that this will not Happen again.

I'll try to find that thread and post the link.

Best of luck!

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 01-07-2004 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-07-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Yeah, do the above, and a compression test will tell you right away if you really have a problem.
Old 01-07-2004
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Just curious if full coverage auto insurance would cover this if it did do damage?
Old 01-07-2004

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
I highly doubt it would cover that
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
It would be a claim against you.
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

j-jolly is an unknown quantity at this point
but if the engine is scrap my suggestion. and this is what i did. get a loan from the bank for $1500. buy a new engine on e-bay for $500. you will pay about $100 every month for 15 months. and if you dont have vtec might as well buy it they are the same price so it is good for about 15hp. so then you have a new motor and you have beter credit. But note if you go vtec and dont already have it you will need to get an ex wirring harness and ecu. the ecu will not work untill you take it to honda and get them to program the key to that ecu it takes about 10 min for them to do that.
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

aziankid1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
well i had already cleared out the engine and changed the oil. it's been like a month or two ago that this happened. the sound is still there.
Old 01-08-2004

get a diagnostic ran on the car and see what that tells you.

or buy this UNIVERSAL ODBII CODE READER and read the codes find the problem.
It hooks ups just right of the gas pedal behind the center console

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46030

go here for the codes

http://www.troublecodes.net/honda/hondaobd2.shtml
Old 01-08-2004
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
yea i dunno what to tell you really... you should never turn the car over till you disable the fuel, take out the spark plugs and turn it over to pump out the water... fuel in the combustion chamber can cause major damage to the piston heads, among other things, because the water will not combust creating pressure
Old 01-08-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
scrap the engine and get a new k20a...