Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2 questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003
Stage7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kTxCiN is an unknown quantity at this point
2 questions...

First off, i have a 2001 ex manual, and my brakes click when i go from reverse to forward. I understand why it happens, but does it happen to everyone else? Cause its really annoying, and its a loud click.

Next question, when its raining and you put your a/c on does anyones pour out like fog? I would understand that the temperature difference would do this, but it only happens when its raining, or the ground is wet.

Thanks guys, sorry to bother everyone.
Old 07-25-2003
Registered!!

HappyGilmore is an unknown quantity at this point
Your 1st question. Yes. It happens to all 7th Gen civics.
Your 2nd question. Yes. It happens to all cars. If your windshield temperature is cold from rain/ice, turning on your A/C at first will blow out warm air. Therefore, the condensation in the air will fog up the glass. If you drive in the summer and/or raining, turn on circulation. If you drive in the winter, turn off circulation.
Old 07-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
I dont think my brakes click, atleast I dont recall ever hearing them do that when going from reverse to forward.

Pours out like fog? You mean like dried ice? I dont get that either, nor have I ever saw it happen to anyones car.

I have a '02 coupe manual btw.
Old 07-25-2003
Registered!!

c-money is an unknown quantity at this point
I have put H&R lowering springs on my 2001 civic lx. When ever i hit a bump in the road my front end suspension clicks. it sometimes does it when i apply the brakes. i have no clue what is causing it. is that the same thing as the click from reverse to forward?
Old 07-25-2003

horatio is an unknown quantity at this point
my brakes click only the first time i brake in the morning, as for the fog thing, well i never use my ac so iduno
Old 07-25-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Ok... so this is common... it's not just me. The dealer tells me the jingle/click, whatever, is the pad shifting in the caliper... what makes the noise is the spring that locks it in there. So apparently it's normal, but I asked about it on H-T and they say getting new pads that are not OEM gets rid of the noise.
Old 07-26-2003
Stage7

kTxCiN is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks guys, sorry for asking stuiped questions, it was just bugging me.