Electrical Post information/questions/Issues about Electric parts here.

2007 Honda Civic EX speaker problem

Old 03-05-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheEquilNox is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Honda Civic EX speaker problem

I just got this car from a buy here pay here, the people don't really know a lot about this car. The speakers don't work. The ones in the dash work but the ones in the doors and the ones in the back don't work. When the weather heats up then the one in the driver side comes on. When cold it don't work. Please help, I am very confused.
Old 03-06-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 2007 Honda Civic EX speaker problem

moving to proper section...
Old 03-06-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Probably blown speakers.
Ohm check speakers?
Connect a good speaker to test with?
Old 03-06-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Probably blown speakers.
Ohm check speakers?
Connect a good speaker to test with?

So, I love in a apartment complex and I don't have spare speakers laying around. The one in the driver door don't work unless it's hot outside and it heats up the inside of the car. The right side tweeter is not working either. If I can find a cheap speaker online I will see if it works
Old 03-06-2019

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheEquilNox
So, I love in a apartment complex and I don't have spare speakers laying around. The one in the driver door don't work unless it's hot outside and it heats up the inside of the car. The right side tweeter is not working either. If I can find a cheap speaker online I will see if it works
Got a home stereo speaker? Computer monitor speaker? Transistor radio speaker?
Almost any working speaker and 2 wires could be used for testing
Old 03-06-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Got a home stereo speaker? Computer monitor speaker? Transistor radio speaker?
Almost any working speaker and 2 wires could be used for testing
well I went ahead a found a old surround sound speaker and I hooked up the speaker to the back 2. They are blown, I can't get to the one in the door because I don't wanna mess up anything and I am going to say blown also. Now I need to find cheap speakers and see how much it would be to put them in since I am paying off the car
Old 03-06-2019

crutchfield.com ?

DIY install
Old 03-16-2019
Registered!!

EnduroBro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheEquilNox
well I went ahead a found a old surround sound speaker and I hooked up the speaker to the back 2. They are blown, I can't get to the one in the door because I don't wanna mess up anything and I am going to say blown also. Now I need to find cheap speakers and see how much it would be to put them in since I am paying off the car
8th gen civic door speakers are probably some of the easiest I’ve seen. Crutchfield has a video this audiophile recommends, and it’s one of the easiest door panels to take off. Nothing funky or anything. And get all your gear from crutchfield. I don’t do audiophile level stuff anymore and their premade wiring harnesses are the way to go. And they include a master sheet. Is it s coupe or sedan?