I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

all speakers stopped working !! please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricerflyby is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation all speakers stopped working !! please help

NEED HELP W/ ALL SPEAKERS PLEASE

So i ripped the panels off my 04' civic thinking this would be a 20 min. process. Nope. After i got the door panels off (just the front 2 door speakers) then i had to pry off the factory door speakers(didnt know this was normal btw) and found out I had to just drill mine into the metal somewhere i could. tiiiiight. so after searching for someone w/ a drill and drilling my holes to mount my speakers, I finally get them wired in & mounted, and start up the civic. The only thing that works is the subs, they go along with the beat & all. My amp is good, obviously, but ALL of my door speakers stopped working. Now there's a few things im going to go try after i post this----1] on the driver side speaker i possibly could have switched the wires----2]unconnect battery for like a 1/2 hour and then go reconnect & try again. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED GREATLY, FOR REAL SON.

Last edited by ricerflyby; 03-23-2013 at 10:10 PM. Reason: wanted to thank anyone for trying to help, this been wrecking my brain all day
Old 03-23-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: all speakers stopped working !! please help

Speaker wiring shorted to body ground could kill all outputs, so might a plain short in a pair of speaker wires.

Go back to each speaker you messed with.

Check if you got a wire pinched.

Disconnect one and try the radio. If it makes noise again, then that speaker was shorted. Try the next one.

HTH
Old 03-23-2013
Registered!!

ricerflyby is an unknown quantity at this point

allright I'm on my way to go try that right now. thanks for the quick reply mane. i should work @ the Hona assembly plant, the # of times I've taken these apart and put them back together. Also, I'm not sure if you know this but there isnt much room in the speaker "hole" i guess because you have to make it. you basically tear the old speakers out & then make a pair of 6.5"s work. do you think the magnet on my 6.5"s touching metal could possibly cause any problems? thanks

i <3 hoNda

Last edited by ricerflyby; 03-23-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-23-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

do you think the magnet on my 6.5"s touching metal could possibly cause any problems?
Magnet won't, that would just make them buzz or something, not kill the output from the radio
Old 03-26-2013
Registered!!

Therdest is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Speaker wiring shorted to body ground could kill all outputs, so might a plain short in a pair of speaker wires.

Go back to each
buy speakers you messed with.

Check if you got a wire pinched.

Disconnect one and try the radio. If it makes noise again, then that speaker was shorted. Try the next one.

HTH
Yes it seems to be problem caused by shorted wire. You need to check it deeply as it can cause complete speaker damage.

Last edited by Therdest; 03-27-2013 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-26-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

If the speakers are twisted even slightly they will short and protection on amp kicks in.