Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Electrical (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/359-electrical)
-   -   2007 Honda Civic EX speaker problem (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/359-electrical/375725-2007-honda-civic-ex-speaker-problem.html)

TheEquilNox 03-05-2019 10:08 PM

2007 Honda Civic EX speaker problem

I just got this car from a buy here pay here, the people don't really know a lot about this car. The speakers don't work. The ones in the dash work but the ones in the doors and the ones in the back don't work. When the weather heats up then the one in the driver side comes on. When cold it don't work. Please help, I am very confused.

sdaidoji 03-06-2019 02:58 AM

Re: 2007 Honda Civic EX speaker problem

moving to proper section...

ezone 03-06-2019 12:11 PM

Probably blown speakers.
Ohm check speakers?
Connect a good speaker to test with?

TheEquilNox 03-06-2019 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 4759217)
Probably blown speakers.
Ohm check speakers?
Connect a good speaker to test with?

So, I love in a apartment complex and I don't have spare speakers laying around. The one in the driver door don't work unless it's hot outside and it heats up the inside of the car. The right side tweeter is not working either. If I can find a cheap speaker online I will see if it works

ezone 03-06-2019 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by TheEquilNox (Post 4759218)
So, I love in a apartment complex and I don't have spare speakers laying around. The one in the driver door don't work unless it's hot outside and it heats up the inside of the car. The right side tweeter is not working either. If I can find a cheap speaker online I will see if it works

Got a home stereo speaker? Computer monitor speaker? Transistor radio speaker?
Almost any working speaker and 2 wires could be used for testing

TheEquilNox 03-06-2019 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 4759221)
Got a home stereo speaker? Computer monitor speaker? Transistor radio speaker?
Almost any working speaker and 2 wires could be used for testing

well I went ahead a found a old surround sound speaker and I hooked up the speaker to the back 2. They are blown, I can't get to the one in the door because I don't wanna mess up anything and I am going to say blown also. Now I need to find cheap speakers and see how much it would be to put them in since I am paying off the car

ezone 03-06-2019 02:03 PM

crutchfield.com ?

DIY install

EnduroBro 03-16-2019 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by TheEquilNox (Post 4759222)
well I went ahead a found a old surround sound speaker and I hooked up the speaker to the back 2. They are blown, I can't get to the one in the door because I don't wanna mess up anything and I am going to say blown also. Now I need to find cheap speakers and see how much it would be to put them in since I am paying off the car

8th gen civic door speakers are probably some of the easiest I’ve seen. Crutchfield has a video this audiophile recommends, and it’s one of the easiest door panels to take off. Nothing funky or anything. And get all your gear from crutchfield. I don’t do audiophile level stuff anymore and their premade wiring harnesses are the way to go. And they include a master sheet. Is it s coupe or sedan?