Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Power Steering Feed Hose replacement [solved]

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2022
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jorsch is an unknown quantity at this point
Power Steering Feed Hose replacement [solved]

Hi All -

I need to replace the Power Steering Feed Hose on my 2008 Civic LX. (I have traced the source of a major fluid leak to the metal part of this line - the pump just empties the reservoir out onto the ground!)

Does anyone know what size wrench I need to get the nut off the end of the line that attaches to the rack? My wrenches go up to 19mm but that size doesn't seem to fit. I tried to measure the nut with calipers, but the space is too cramped to get them in there.

For reference, it's Item 4 in this image. The nut is on the right end near the arrow labeled "B-33-10 B-33-20"
Old 11-18-2022
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
re: Power Steering Feed Hose replacement [solved]

Maybe 21,22. Since you're replacing the line, you could break the line off close to the nut and use a socket if you have enough room, the socket will grip more area than the wrench. Works great for brake lines as weĺl
Old 11-22-2022
Registered!!

re: Power Steering Feed Hose replacement [solved]

Following up to close the loop... the nut is 21mm. Once I had the right size wrench. I was able to break it free. But the nut was so rusted it would not rotate freely around the pipe, so I ended up having to use a tube cutter anyway. At that point I didn't need a socket because I could turn it out by hand.
Photos attached showing the old vs. new PS hose. And a close up of the break! It was separated completely while I was wresting with the rusted nut, but obviously the leak was pretty large and the joint was weak.

Old 11-22-2022
Super Moderator

Received 1,874 Likes on 1,319 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: Power Steering Feed Hose replacement [solved]

Nice work!

Isn't living in the rust belt fun I always get angry when I see a video of someone working on a car from down South where there isn't a spot of rust.
The following users liked this post:
Colin42 (11-22-2022)
Old 11-22-2022
Registered!!

Re: Power Steering Feed Hose replacement [solved]

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip
Nice work!

Isn't living in the rust belt fun I always get angry when I see a video of someone working on a car from down South where there isn't a spot of rust.
Yeah that - and also not having to lie on the ground under your car when it's 35 degrees (here in the Boston area last weekend!)
The following users liked this post:
BrotatoChip (11-22-2022)