Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Messed Up Paint......

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Messed Up Paint......

Man, I just used my moms nail polish remover to try to get rid of the super glue on my rear bumper and trunk, and I got it off the bumper just fine, but when I tried to get it off the trunk, I wore the paint down around it. There is no longer any clear coat on this little area as well as very little paint. What the hell do I do now? I don't think I can buff it out now, is there anyway I can reduce the appearance of these this worn area? Touch up paint?
Old 03-05-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
Touch up paint sucks bro. I had a little tiny paint chip on my bumper and the touch up paint helped from looking at it from a distance, but from upclose it looked worse.Your best bet is to get some "scratch out" from like wal-mart or something and treat your spots like every other day. Thats what I did when I screwed up while removing my emblems and it looks decent now. When your done with all that just be sure to wax that spot down pretty well. I dunno if it will help you though but hell, it's worth a shot.
Old 03-05-2003
Extreme Member

If anyone can help with my problem I would really appreciate it. I jus got up this morning and I got my orbital buffer and went over the bald spot with some rubbing compound, scratch X, and then some wax. The paint in the one bald spot is rubbing off on the pad so ill try to leave that area alone before I rub the rest off. There is still super glue on the bald spot so I want to get that off before I do anything else. Then I was thinking maybe I could just get some clearcoat, dab it on with a paint brush, rather than using touchup paint, and just let it be. It really isn't that bad and it is under the license plate, so it doesn't just pop out at you. What do you all think?
Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

noahnoah is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe a "NEW" trunk?
Old 03-07-2003
Extreme Member

hell no, that would be a waste. After washing my car, I noticed that the mark wouldn't look bad if I could get the rest of the super glue off, since it turned white and stands out like a sore thumb. I just e-mailed the maker of the glue, and they actually told me that their super glue is water soluble so if I soak it for a while in warm soapy water on a rag, then it will eventually come off. I find that kind of hard to believe, but ill give it a try when i get home from school.