Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

"Tuft and StufX" messes my wind shield....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
erikku is an unknown quantity at this point
"Tuft and StufX" messes my wind shield....

I used "TufX and StufX" to clean the interior (dashboard, panels etc.) recently. When I sprayed it on the dashboard, some of it was sprayed on the windshield too. I don't know if it was becoz of the strong sunlight or what, those sprayed on the windshield just stained there. The instruction they provided on is to use some powdered clenser to remove it from the glass. The only powdered clenser I can think of is the ones u use to clean the bathroom, which probably will scratches my windshield.... I went to Sears, Lowes etc and none of them know what do they mean by powdered clenser. I have tried rainX (glass polishing), Simple Green, Goo gone etc etc.... and none of them work. And finally I used Zap! (something that removes heavy stain in the bath tub), even though the stain got removed, but since I used some rough sponge, my windshield got many scratches badly.....
Old 06-20-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Do you mean TUFF STUFF, not TufX and StufX....If you used this and you got it on your window, you can try using the clay bar to remove it. SOak the window with glass cleaner and go over the spot that is stained with the clay bar, and then wipe with a towel. Keep doing it until you remove the stain. Next time dont spray anything on the dashboard, spray on the cloth and then wipe the dashboard.
Old 06-22-2002
Registered!!

tummyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
what exactly is this product do, that would help me in figuring out sometihing for you to try and remove it with