Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Is there anything that cleans the headliner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Is there anything that cleans the headliner?

carpet cleaners don't do it justice, as it's so thin and if you try to rub its separates the fabric. the foams don't work as they also need to be 'rubbed'. what I have is air contaminate build up in the back half of the headliner, from having the windows cracked while driving. it looks pretty gross but you only notice it when you look up. any suggestions anyone? It's at least $150 for a reupholstery (cuz of sunroof) and thats not exactly the road I'd like to travel just yet.
Old 02-16-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Try some oxyclean or a foaming carpet cleaner. The oxyclean will most likely need some scrubbing. This is a very good one that doesnt require much scrubbing though. http://www.meguiars.com/?boat-rv-spe...lstery-Cleaner

Last edited by soonercivic; 02-16-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-16-2006

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by soonercivic
Try some oxyclean or a foaming carpet cleaner. The oxyclean will most likely need some scrubbing. This is a very good one that doesnt require much scrubbing though. http://www.meguiars.com/?boat-rv-spe...lstery-Cleaner
yeah, I guess; you do know what i mean though right? about the thin-ness of the fabric?
Old 02-16-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Oh definetly. Thats why I suggest a foaming cleaner. A steam cleaner would do the best job, but that fabric would fall right off. The foaming cleaner will typically be a wipe on, let sit, wipe off type. Thats probably your best bet.
Old 02-16-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
try a steam cleaner with a upolstry attachment
Old 02-16-2006
Registered!!

eyegiant is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's Another Trick To It, Not Many People Know About This. Spary The Headliner, But You Don't Need To Spray A Big Section Of It, Start Little By Little. Now If You Have A Air Compressor Avaliable With A Nosal Piece Start Sparying The Headliner Where The Foam Is Located Before It Starts To Dry. I Would Do This Many Times To Keep The Headliner Looking New. With That Compress Air Going Thru The Fabric, It Will Push Out The Dirt. While Sparying The Air You Don't Want To Keep In One Place, Kind Of Spary Around At About A Foot-to-6"' Away From It.
Old 02-17-2006

appreciate all the input guys.
Old 02-18-2006
Registered!!

MeguiarsEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
We have a new Carpet & Upholsery Cleaner (part # D10219) in a aerosol form you should try. That fact it comes in a aerosol form, when you spray it wont drip down. It also cleans really well and easy for tougher stains I'd recommend using an Interior Brush and the product to remove the stains easier.
Old 02-19-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
I just cleaned a few stains out of my headliner. I used this carpet stain remover in a read bottle and sponge with brissles around it on the top. It has oxyclean action or something in it as well. I just pushed the soaked spong up against it and lightly scrubed for three to five seconds, stains were gone. The sponge and light brisles did not harm the head liner at all.
Old 04-03-2006
Registered!!

revautousa is an unknown quantity at this point
Some guys have used APC 10:1 with Warm Water on a rag, just be gentle.
Old 04-06-2006
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
the MR clean orange wipes have worked wonders on my tan interior that I had in the civic, they have also worked great in my dc5 now with no issues at all