Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Imagin detailing a car with a paint job like this.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Imagin detailing a car with a paint job like this.

What would you do if you went to wash the car and the paint turned colors just like the matchbox cars used to when they were hot and cold, well now they do.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/trippininc/paintVideo.mpg
Old 08-24-2005
Banned

MiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to all
holy **** that is awesome

imagine if it started to rain and you got all these crazy colored water spots on yuor car, people would be like wtf???
Old 08-24-2005

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Yea i know that would be awesome, i could just imagine dropping your car off to a person for a detail job and them spraying your car and freaking out.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

civvic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
That is awsome. Do you have any more info on that?
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

civvic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nevermind. Heres the link in anyone needs it. http://www.trippininc.com/
Old 08-24-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
i found another company that makes a similar product. http://www.alsacorp.com/products/ecl...e_prodinfo.htm
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

Radek is an unknown quantity at this point
What you need to do is have that paint... and then install some sort of like heat jet system on various parts of your car... so just as you're about to pwn someone racing... your car changes color.

Or even better yet, throw off a cop :-D
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
^yes that would be sweet!!!
I am surprised they have not used that in the movies yet
Old 08-24-2005
master of the culinary martial arts

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jackburton
I am surprised they have not used that in the movies yet
Maybe in TFATF3?
Old 08-24-2005
I drive a jeep to compensate for my tiny pee pee

Blue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enoughBlue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enough
bring it to the car wash and then complain that there water changed the color of your car and ask for money to get a paint job
Old 08-24-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
oh man i loved those hotwheel cars. You can have two different colors for summer and winter!
Old 08-24-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
That is insane
Old 08-24-2005

On the site it said something about having it automatically change with a press of a button, but not sure how it could do this.
Old 08-25-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
oh man that's nice. how much would that cost?

Edit: nevermind i looked it up. How much paint would be needed to paint an 01 coupe w/ oem spoiler. No paint for hood since it's CF? I want to 'bruiser' w/ a darker blue though. Man that would be sweet

Last edited by PennyKnotOff; 08-25-2005 at 04:14 AM.
Old 08-25-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
2 gallons would probably do a civic coupe. Thats still 3200 bucks just for the paint though!
Old 08-25-2005
Registered!!

Blkbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by drew22mader
What would you do if you went to wash the car and the paint turned colors just like the matchbox cars used to when they were hot and cold, well now they do.
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/trippininc/paintVideo.mpg
Perfect paint job for a getaway car, and I'm sure that's how we'll see it used in a movie. Bad/Good guy, makes a run through a car wash or broken water main, the guys chasing don't see him, (of course he's gone from a hot looking Red car to a boring looking White car, with melt away body mods).
Old 08-25-2005
Registered!!

why even through a car wash? Why not just some sort of way to heat the outside of the car? Heat coils underneath the panels?

Anyone got any ideas?
Old 08-25-2005
Registered!!

kickercivic1 is an unknown quantity at this point
1 Pint Blue / White $249 wow
Old 08-25-2005
Registered!!

Robb989 is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW!!! That is the coolest thing I have ever seen.
Old 08-26-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
damn, if i had money to spoil myself, id be for this
Old 08-26-2005
Registered!!

Blkbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Radek
why even through a car wash? Why not just some sort of way to heat the outside of the car? Heat coils underneath the panels?

Anyone got any ideas?
Pretty sure if you wanted to you could send current through the panels to heat it up and get it to change, much like blackout windows in planes and hotels. But whatever you did, for a rapid change, you'd want it to do so in a uniform manner, rather than the blotchy look from spot heating/cooling, which would give to the finish that rear window defroster look (stripped), at least until the panels heated or cooled to the temp that allowed for the effect you were going for. But it would be kind of neat to see several color changes/effects with different temperature ranges. Flowing flames, waving flags, even animation, all with color changing and of course heating and cooling.

Problem is the novelty would wear off pretty soon, at least as far as the general public would want on their cars.
Old 08-26-2005
Registered!!

^ but Im thinking about something directly underneath the paneling. There has to be room there, wouldnt there? Kind of like a radiant heat flooring idea.

The general novelty MIGHT wear off soon... but you could definitely do animation type things... especially if you had a radiant heat setup. The question is, how would you get multiple transformations without multiple layers? Like, they'd have to sell you a paint that was black(0F) to blue(50F) to red(65F) to white(80F) or something like that.

Or, you could alternatively buy a black to red, and a black to blue and a black to white... hmmm, Im just curious if the blacks would overlap, if it would stop the red from coming out or whatever.
Old 08-26-2005

When reading the site, it really only says that it switches two colors, cause at or below its one color, and above that temp its another. It would be cool to change at 60, 75, 95, 115.
Old 08-26-2005
Registered!!

Right, but they said they can do multiple stages, or multiple temps.
Old 08-27-2005

It looks like that helmet in the video goes from gold to red to black and then back again.
Old 09-05-2005
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor

Xenin is an unknown quantity at this point
its already been used in a movie. i think it was Cannonball Run. really old movie.
Old 09-05-2005

I loved that movie! Man, that was a long time ago. But i bet that it wasn't the paint that changed colors, they did some editing with the camera angles and pictures to make it seem like that. If it was so long ago then why hasn't it been some big thing until now? And why does it cost so much.
Old 09-06-2005
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
I heart the use of chemistry
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
if you pour water on, would you need a clearcoat or what?
Old 10-04-2005
Registered!!

sdstud212001 is an unknown quantity at this point
So has anyone done this yet?

Quick Reply: Imagin detailing a car with a paint job like this.