When Winter Ends... - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2006   #1
Registered!!

honda860 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
When Winter Ends...

Whats going on guy!?! Long time since i posted anything. But those of you who have new civic's (05's 06) that have been driving them all winter in the snow and slush and rain know that your car probably is pretty dirty under body and engine area and probably outside. Minds black its always dirty on the outside in winter

Just wondering what my friends on here do when the sun starts shining and winter is offically over to get there back into "LIKE NEW" state.

I mean i know the obvious things but if you have sumthin i wouldnt think of holla back

Thanks guys
honda860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #2

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
It takes some effort. I have an 03 but the paint still looks new. Alot of what you do in the summer comes down to what you do before winter. If you have properly prepped your car for winter, your job will be much easier. Make sure to clean out your wheel wells and try and get any salt or sand off the bottom of the car. I suggest you take your rims off, clean them completely and then wax them, they will shine better and be easier to clean later on. Make sure you treat all the rubber and plastic, the winter months will dry them out alot easier. Most other things I can think of are pretty standard. Wash, polish, wax. If you have to remove any paint defects thats another story.
soonercivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #3
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Pop the bumpers and wheel well covers, wash everywhere with a lot of water (volume-not pressure) and put protectant on any plastic pieces
pon55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #4
Registered!!

myhonmyhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
I last washed and waxed myhonmyhonda just over two weeks ago. It was below 40 degrees. Last time I vacuumed myhonmyhonda was just after I got back from Iraq, that was August of last year. It is so cold outside. It sucks to be out to keep my ride sparkling clean.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can best keep myhonmyhonda at its best with very little work.

Check out my site that pays for my ride @ www.ualwayswanted.com
myhonmyhonda is offline   Reply With Quote