SOHC D17Ax non-VTEC - VTEC Engine Swaps Post information/questions about non-VTEC VTEC D-series engines here.

The ultimate DX/LX vs EX header/exhaust DIY and FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99NINem2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The ultimate DX/LX header/exhaust DIY and FAQ

Originally Posted by Matteo
i have the magnaflow header/highflocat 1 piece for my LX (this is not universal part it is direct replacement header and high flow cat from magnaflow). it looks nice sounds nice and seems to help a lil w/accel but no huge diff (mine is automatic as well). the stock OEM heat shield on the top of header fits, but the lower one does not/...(no issues with o2 sensor or anything, passed inspection no problem with this magnaflow 1 piece and other bolt ons/basic aftermarket parts).

im thinkin installin a universal lower heat shield cover that fits with adjustable circle clamps (not tape), since the lower OEM doesnt fit w/magnaflow... legit?
Hey Matteo (Triz, Foos, everyone)

I was hoping you'd be back! Not enough talk about the Magnaflow header/catback combo in this thread, IMO. Did you say you had a 2002 LX? Because that's what I have. I've all but committed to buying the Magnaflow combo, but I need to see some reviews first. Unsolicited Tip: I like to save up so I can get what I want, even if it means waiting longer.

Sooo, how's it going so far? Any recommendations? Do you have a rear sway bar and does it allow plenty of clearance with piping and muffler? Any trouble with the muffler hanging too low or rattling anything? How is the fitment with the muffler hangers and chassis pegs? Is it flush with the bumper or how far does it stick out? It doesn't touch the bumper at all, does it?

I see you had issues with the lower heat shield. Did you figure a solution? I'd love to hear it.

Sorry about all the questions. I was just excited to see you post again just 5 days ago. I figured this thread had gone cold.
Old 05-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thaik will become famous soon enoughThaik will become famous soon enough

I haven't read the post but I did do a DX to EX conversion and everything is a direct fit if you all the right EX parts, the hooks, and the header fit perfectly on the engine block.

I have a 2004 Civic DX and I parts from an Acura 1.7 EL.
I have re-used my DX muffler and it fits no problem, actually I went to a shop to weld a new flange but that was because the resonator/downpipe (single piece) I took from a recycling yard had the flange redone due to rust and I had to replace with another one so that it would fit my muffler. Basically, the resonator flange wasn't an OEM flange.

But with all the research I have done, I know that an EX resonator should fit with a DX/LX muffler, it has to.
Old 04-07-2016
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
dsm482 has a spectacular aura aboutdsm482 has a spectacular aura about

just what i needed to read.. I got a thread started i need to know how to avoid the CEL light on a civic if I use ex aftermarket header and etc..